Take a job. Change a life.
Redwood is the area’s most respected provider of services for child and adults with disabilities. We’re looking for dedicated a Nursing Services Manager for our children and adults in Ft. Mitchell, KY
You’ll focus on supervising nurses as they provided care to children and adults with disabilities. This position does require 6 months experience of pediatric care.
You can take any job, but at Redwood you can help change the life of a child and adult for the better, as well as your own.
Hours are generally during our programming hours between 6am to 6pm. There may be the vert occasional evening or weekend
We’ll get acquainted and I’ll share with you how abilities grow at Redwood.
Thanks for your interest in Redwood. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Nursing Services Manager provides operational management of Redwood nursing services, including Children’s and Adult nursing and continuous supervision of daily nursing operations.
Essential and Primary Responsibilities:
- Functions as the “Nursing Director” for purposes of PPEC licensure requirements.
- Provides leadership and operational oversight of the nursing care staff.
- Provides continuous supervision of nursing services in collaboration with the Early Childhood Educator and Program Manager.
- Provides assistance to Medical Director in determining patient eligibility for admission to PPEC.
- Collaborates with Director of Children Services to schedules preadmission conferences for eligible children, invites relevant parties and ensures adequate nursing representation at the preadmission conferences.
- Supports high quality staff performance through observation, coaching, training or other resources and methods that provide explanations of how work is to be performed.
- Recruits, interviews and selects candidates to hire; orients/trains, supervises and coaches staff to ensure high retention and performance.
- Leads or conducts all required initial and annual training of nursing staff, as required by regulation, to include individualized instruction on the needs of children to whom the employee provides services and supports.
- Collaborates with Director of Children and Adult Services to organize and implement in-service education programs for staff.
- Responsible for the operational budget as it relates to the nursing staff and required resources needed to provide nursing services.
- Oversees/holds staff accountable for safeguarding material assets and purchasing equipment, supplies, and materials at a reasonable cost. Provides training and implements safety precautions and procedures to assure the safety of children and staff.
- Oversees, provides supervision, and/or mentors service learners or practicum students.
- Provides inspiration and encouragement to staff to enhance tenure and maintain high quality services.
- Supervises all patient records and documentation to assure compliance with rules and administrative regulations.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to create each client’s protocol of care and periodically reviews/updates the protocol in consultation with other professionals involved in the client’s care.
- Maintains the required certificates or certifications required by state or local agencies to comply with job role requirements.
- Monitors that services are provided in compliance with health policies/procedures and policy/procedural manuals for the program.
- Ensures that all programs/services are provided in an ethical manner in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, accreditation requirements and agency policies.
- Oversees completion of incident reporting and collaborates with Director, Children Services and Director, Adult Services to notify regulatory bodies when required by licensing standards or by law.
- Computer Skills – Possesses a working knowledge of Microsoft office skills, internet software and database programs.
- Teamwork including balancing team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback, contributing to building a positive team spirit, and supporting everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Strong customer service skills in reference to both internal and external customers.
- Applies a well-developed ability to solve problems as applied to keen project management assignments.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills which are expressive and receptive with the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Strong organizational, leadership and planning skills.
- Interpersonal skills to include maintaining confidentiality, listening without interrupting, keeping emotions under control and remaining open to others' ideas/tries new things.
- Professionalism including approaching others in a tactful manner, reacting well under pressure, treating others with respect and consideration, accepting responsibility for own actions, and following through on commitments.
- Possesses an essential operational knowledge of the required nursing functions to sustain compliance, monitor staff performance and to insure the highest level of client care.
- Shows initiative, volunteers readily, asks for and offers help when needed.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with a B.S.N preferred.
- Current unencumbered KY license.
- At least five years of supervisory experience in a clinical setting.
- 7 Years of nursing experience is preferred but not required.
Work is performed in the nursing stations/centers, various program rooms, classrooms, on the grounds and during community outings as needed. Redwood’s building is climate controlled with standard lighting. When conducting duties outside of the building, lighting and temperature reflect seasonal conditions. Noise levels are moderate. There is regular exposure to hazardous chemicals, in the form of medications and nursing-care products and to contagious conditions, such as the common cold and body fluids.
In the role the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The essential functions of this position require visual/hearing acuity, sufficient strength and the ability to bend, reach, grasp, manipulate objects, pull/push, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, and lift and and/or carry up to 50 pounds or exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently to move human bodies or objects, with or without the use of adaptive equipment. Lifting forces vary with adult weight and level of ability to assist in the movement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.