Information System Security Officer Support Required Skills:
● Four (4+) years of experience in information technology security.
● Working knowledge of Federal government, A&A practices and policies
● Knowledgeable on FISMA, Risk Management Framework, Cybersecurity Framework, and FedRAMP and government-wide laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards
● Working knowledge of National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST) 800 Series and particularly NIST SP 800-37, and NIST 800-53.
● Complete, maintain and/or support the completion and updates of all FISMA required documentation to include but not limited to System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Configuration Management Plan, Continuous Monitoring Plan, Contingency Plan and Test Plan, Information Technology Incident Response Plan, Security Education and Training Plan, Privacy Threshold and Impact Assessment, and e-Authentication Threshold and Risk Assessment.
● Support all Security Authorization Process, Security Control Assessment and Ongoing Authorization activities as directed by the Federal Government for assigned systems
● Ensure that weaknesses are identified, documented, addressed and remediated through the process of POA&Ms.
● Manage POA&Ms in the Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) or equivalent system.
● Ensure changes do not detract from the current security configuration or state of the system/environment and ensure all changes should maintain or improve overall security
● Experience performing vulnerability analysis of the Nessus scan results and working with the system administrators to resolve the vulnerabilities or to develop a System corrective action plan.
● Ensure all FISMA security controls and requirements are met at inception and throughout system development.
● Must have excellent communication skills and be able to collaborate with information technology system administrators, information technology managers, and senior mission and business managers.
● Must have excellent time management skills to manage time and changing priorities.
● Certifications relating to IT security (CISSP, CAP, Security+, GIAC, CEH, TNCP, ITILv2). PMP or equivalent preferred.
● Candidates must be able to pass a full background investigation and obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline preferred.
Why should you work for Mindbank?
Mindbank has been providing business solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies for over two decades. We provide IT Services Supplemental Staffing, Specialized/On-Demand Recruiting, Supplemental Human Resources Services, Vendor Management Solutions, and Outplacement Services.
Our nationwide presence offers consultants many interesting assignments locally and around the country. As a Mindbank consultant, you have choices. You advise us for which companies you are most interested in working. We never submit your resume to any company without your prior permission. You determine if you want a full-time or a part-time position, or if you would like to take time off between assignments. We want our relationship with you to last; therefore we listen carefully to your preferences and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity.
We also offer:
● Competitive Compensation
● Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
● 401K Plan
● Education Reimbursement
● Employment Options
● Market Strength – Quality Reputation
● Our Commitment to our employees and clients
Mindbank Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.