Poly-America, L.P. is currently seeking an PC Technician to join our MIS department. Poly-America produces several lines of polyethylene products including high quality trash bags, construction films, and geomembrane liners. Poly-America is also the most technologically advanced and largest recycler and compounder of polyethylene in the world.Job DescriptionCandidates need to possess strong analytical, interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, as well as the ability to organize and manage several projects at once. This position requires a person to work M-F, 8 -5, as well as a rotating on-call status with another technician.Job Functions
Dedicated to providing the highest quality polyethylene products, our team of chemical, mechanical, electrical and process engineers is at the forefront of modern plastics technology. The company's innovative design team is responsible for several technological breakthroughs in blown-film extrusion and bag making. We also maintain one of the most sophisticated on-site labs in the plastics industry.
- Set up computers, install and configure software/hardware/peripherals
- Provide basic instruction to employees on system software
- Maintain compliance with software licensing and inventory
- Troubleshoot PC workstation and peripheral problems (on-site, over the phone and using remote control)
- TCP/IP Ethernet Network connection support
The ideal candidate will possess:
- The aptitude and desire necessary to be a good student of Poly-America processes, equipment, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals
- A+ Certification is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Poly-America offers competitive compensation packages including Medical/Dental, paid vacations and holidays, and 401(K).
Network Configuration And Change Management
Windows Server 2003