Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient flow of patients through the health care setting by facilitating examination and treatment of patients in a culturally sensitive manner with exceptional customer service; contributes to patient care by preparing patient for visit, performing limited procedures, scheduling diagnostic test or consults, maintaining patient records, organizing clinic/exam rooms, maintaining supply/equipment inventory, and/or assisting physicians, other medical staff, nurses, other interdisciplinary team members and support staff.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Accurately schedules radiology tests; obtains films and reports; and prepares laboratory specimens according to policy.
- Assists physicians and/or nurses with special procedures and examinations as defined on competency checklist.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team in coordinating and implementing plans for patient care; may record elements of the patient history for clinical staff review.
- Electronically submits, calls and/or faxes in prescriptions and refills to outpatient pharmacies
- Ensures data collected for completed procedures is recorded on appropriate forms and in medical records
- Maintains medical records; ensures all required documentation is available in the medical record; distributes reports and correspondence; files, photocopies and processes forms related to medical charts.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms; stocks assigned areas and ensures par levels of supplies are maintained; checks and completes required logs and equipment such as refrigerator logs, eyewash logs, emergency/crash carts, suction and other required checks.
- Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients; registration; scheduling; pre-certification of tests, procedures and medications; processing insurance forms; preparing financial records; answering phones; and entering ambulatory care charges.
- Performs simple procedures as directed by the nurse or physician and as defined on the competency checklist.
- Performs vital signs, height, weight, and screening procedures and documents in medical record.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program OR
- At least 3 years of Medical Assistant related job experience
Electronic Medical Record
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: TN~JCL0HP76FWXQDWR9MWP
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.