Location: Midland or Kermit
Long term contract assignment with strong potential to be extended.
A midstream energy corporation, is one of the largest providers of natural gas and natural gas liquids in the United States. Their operations are based largely, though not entirely, on the Gulf Coast, particularly in Texas and Louisiana.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial analyses regarding all issues related to projects, including: schedule, estimated cost, percent completion, actual cost, forecasted cost, accruals, etc.
- Assist in writing AFEs and Purchase Orders in financial systems
- Process invoices and goods receipts
- Track and analyze actual and expected future project costs
- Review projects monthly for purposes of accruals and closing out PO’s as they complete or AFEs once they complete
- Assist and provide information for quarterly accruals to accounting
- Meet with manager frequently to review project status, invoices, etc.
- Track and manage inventory of materials for E&C
- Perform analysis of past projects to assist PM’s to identify trends for forecasting and estimating
- Assist in monthly capital flash preparation
- Assist preparing, scanning, and saving job data books
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years’ administrative experience respective to job duties listed above.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Able to make decisions in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to use communication skills and interpersonal skills to communicate clearly, effectively, and persuasively
- Must be extremely organized and able to prioritize work and work with little supervision
- Must demonstrate integrity, initiative, and respect for others
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work at all times.
- Able to exert up to 20 pounds of force, able to pull, push, grasp, and make twisting motions
- Able to maintain a valid state driver’s license and safe driving record
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in College Preferred – Accounting or other
- Prior experience supporting operations/engineering/construction within the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Cloud preferred
Microsoft Power Point