Location: North Charleston, SC
Duration: 12 Months
- Client South Carolina has exciting openings for Structural Analysis Engineers to join our Client Commercial Airplanes (BCA) organization in North Charleston, South Carolina. This is a Level 2 position supporting either 787 Airframe Structures or Stress Liaison.
- Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to establish the system design. Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product’s environment. Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance. Develops test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications. Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied. Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements. Works under general direction.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Evaluate strength of structural non-conformances and repairs.
- Apply knowledge of structural analysis principles to assess and resolve product/process issues discovered throughout the product lifecycle.
- Analyze MRB dispositions for structural integrity and identify, document and communicate deviations that could impact design intent and safety.
- Provide alternate repair recommendations as necessary to Liaison Engineering to meet structural requirements
- Review and approve structural analysis in support of engineering design changes associated with cost and producibility.
- Lead development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies and representatives to support certification of airplane structural components.
- Lead development of test plans and configurations, support test execution, analyze and report test results to validate and verify systems and components compliance with requirements and specifications.
- Support in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Explore new composite repair methods and technologies.
- Positive & proactive mindset, highly motivated team member willing to manage multiple assignments and work with a sense of urgency.
- Utilize LEAN best practices.
- Proactive collaboration with customer, build positive relationships. (i.e. Liaison Engineering and Manufacturing teams) proactive collaboration with customer, build positive relationships. (i.e. Liaison Engineering and Manufacturing teams)
- Effective communication with other team members and management.
The position requires an engineer with a servant / mentor leadership mindset who communicates and collaborates well with others and fosters an environment that values diversity.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Skill Code: 63Y-Structural Analysis
- Health benefits
- 6 Paid Public Holidays
- Other benefits
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 19-09510
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ICONMA is a consulting firm providing Professional Services and Solutions to Fortune 1000 customers nationwide in various industries including: Automotive, Bio-Tech, Communications, Defense, Financial Services, Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Insurance, Logistics, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Technology, Telecommunications and Utilities.
ICONMA is a Certified "Woman-Owned Business Enterprise", certified by Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC).
ICONMA was founded on the principle that success is derived from delivering high quality service while being responsible, flexible, and innovative. ICONMA invests in people and resources with a single goal: To provide our customers with the highest quality service in the most responsive manner.
We measure success by the success of our customers. As a business partner, we know that world-class service and cost effective solutions are the primary keys to success. ICONMA uses technical expertise and business knowledge to help customers achieve these objectives.
Nationwide presence helps ICONMA support clients with multiple locations. We help organizations operate more productively; improve profitability, top-line growth, customer service and cost management by providing:
- Full Range of Specialized Staffing Services and Solutions including: Managed Resources, Individual Consulting, Contract to Hire, Direct Hire, Payroll Services and On-site Management.
- Extended Offshore Staffing Program
- Project Delivery
Through its network of offices, ICONMA provides the resources to help clients maintain their competitive advantage. Our complete line of staffing services offer high-level professionals with the skills our clients require in various areas including:
- Information Technology
- Digital Interactive Design
We provide consultants for:
View the full profile
- Long or short term opportunities
- Contract-to-Hire opportunities
- Direct Hire opportunities