We make a difference - in your community and in your career.
Group Living Environment (GLE)- Mental Health Counselor
Great opportunity to become part of our innovative Adult Community Clinical Services program (ACCS), working as part of a team in a Group Living Environment setting.
As a GLE Counselor you will build upon your past work experience in the mental health field, assisting adults in the community.
Primary responsibilities include providing guidance, education, supervision, and direct supports to assist individuals served with maintaining their physical and emotional health, living safely in the community, and developing the skills and resources necessary for successful independent living.
Services are designed around each person's strengths and interests, with a focus on promoting resiliency and recovery for all participants. Interactions will be guided by an appreciation for those being served as unique individuals and adults, with the expectation and goal of mutual learning and growth.
Training and supervision provided.
Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday
Pay rate: $16.12/hour without Bachelor's degree; $16.71/hour with Bachelor's degree
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in the English language) required
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours required. Must have valid driver's license and available, dependable transportation and be willing to provide transportation to persons served in personal vehicle, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. High School diploma and one year related experience required
- Experience working with recovery model, dual diagnosis, and/or addictions a plus
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.