Facility is based in Cumming, GA
Please do not apply if you are not open to travel on weekdays.
We need skilled technicians and trainees to install commercial alarm systems in the Southeast.
Pay: $45-$60k/year for skilled alarm technicians
$33-$45k/year for trainee/helper candidates
This is a salaried role with great benefits. Any hours past 40 are compensated on a fluctuating work week model as additional pay.
Schedule: Always home on Saturday/Sunday. Travel on average 2-3 days per week. Travel varies throughout the year.
Lead Techs get company vehicle, cell phone, and laptop
Helpers get cell phone, laptop for training
This company has been in business for over 20 years in the industry.
- Install DMP and other brand alarm systems in commercial facilities, including banks and government offices
- Commute to facility in Cumming, GA
- Work with low voltage electronics - 12- 24 volt systems
- Troubleshoot and service alarm systems and access control equipment
- Lay out work and prep material for alarm system installation
- Test voltage using a multi-meter
- Operate any hand tools and specialized equipment necessary
- Assemble and install access control panels, power supplies, cable pathways, including but not limited to CAT, low voltage cable, and coax.
- Read and understand electrical schematics, PDF drawings, and related documents associates with installation and service of security systems.
- Security Alarm Technicians must submit to extensive background checks
- All technicians must be willing to travel on weekdays as a basic requirement
- A Lead technician is someone that can take materials and instructions and be trusted with a job
- A helper technician is someone from a general technical background who is motivated to learn about security alarm systems.
- Experience installing and servicing DMP alarm systems is ideal for lead alarm technicians
- Background in any low voltage electric position would be useful for helper alarm technicians (CCTV, cable, data center, mobile install, satellite, other skilled trades)
An exceptional candidate would have experience with physical access security - safe boxes, equipment that requires heavy tools (grinders, cutting metal).