Assistant Controller (Finance & Accounting Management)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading non-profit organization looking to hire a permanent Assistant Controller/Business Manager in Indianapolis to provide accounting, human resource and operational support. Looking for someone with non-profit/fund accounting experience and experience with schools is preferred.
- Review postings prepared by accounting personnel and direct their work activities.
- Manage the purchasing functions of the organization, including RFPs as needed, proper documentation, analysis, and assistance with purchasing choices.
- Approval and oversight for all accounts payable and payments.
- Responsible for reviewing month-end close package, reconciling bank balances and balance sheet accounts, proper coding to the general ledger, and various supplemental schedules.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating data for management as needed, including but not limited to monthly variance reporting.
- Responsible for all fixed asset accounting, tracking, documentation, additions, and disposals in accordance with policies.
- Lead annual external audits and prepare required tax and regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Coordinate with other staff on federal, state, and private grant compliance and reporting.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with confidential or sensitive information.
- Assist with special projects as required and other duties as assigned.
Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer for long periods of time.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- 3-5 years related experience in general accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance required.
- Experience in nonprofit/fund accounting required.
- Grant maintenance preferred.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- Self-starter, attention to detail, able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in analyzing, reporting and recording financial data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Power Point.
- An agreement with the mission statement.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. Since our founding in 1994, CFS has established 30+ offices in the United States and the Caribbean.
View the full profile
Understanding & delivering: With more than two decades of experience, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Locating and hiring accounting, finance & IT professionals is our specialty.
Highly qualified professionals at every level: We are committed to recruiting top talent for our clients, ranging from entry to senior level professionals. To develop a list of quality candidates, we conduct a rigorous screening process involving personal interviews, professional reference checks, and employment/degree verification.
Personal attention: Time and time again our clients commend us on our individual focus and service. Client and recruit satisfaction is the most important part of our business, and we work hard to ensure that each placement we make is the absolute best.
We are growing! CFS is always looking for team-oriented, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and customer service driven professionals to join our team. If this sounds like you, come join our team and see what we're all about!
One International Place
Boston, MA 02110
Interested in learning more about our current opportunities? Join our talent network today!