JSG is seeking a direct hire Project Manager for our global manufacturing client in the greater Wytheville, VA area. The incumbent will be responsible to managing projects and providing communication, coordination of service and delivery, problem resolution, record maintenance, etc. Some oversight of less experienced employees may be required. In addition, the Project Manager will be responsible for processing orders and will work closely with the customer and a number of departments, including Finance, Engineering, and Operations.
- Review customer specifications and examine new contracts to ensure thorough understanding and adherence to the desired contract terms and conditions.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on contract performance, and control contract documents.
- Maintain a centralized project control process and enforce necessary controls to assure maximum project profitability.
- Manage or perform activities such as project order entry, contract deliverables, initiate price change requests, apply mark ups, prepare quotations and implement changes, as appropriate.
- Under general direction, resolve disputes involving back charges, escalation, delays, freight claims, and warranty charges.
- Prepare releases, waivers of lien and affidavits to allow collection of all payments.
- Review and coordinate flow of information among various groups and customers, and implement measures to resolve problems, ensure meeting schedule commitments and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Project Manager may act as the group’s representative in meetings with customers and provide presentations selling the value message.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the financial outcome of all projects.
- Communicate delays or improvements to scheduled plans promptly to the customer or other stake holders.
- Log and enforce Customer Complaint Resolution Process (CCRP) to track customer complaints and drive corrective action.
- Drive requests and unresolved issues to the designated source for expedient resolution.
- Manage assigned backlog for timely drawing submittals and returns and product releases.