To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1028 East 2100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Smashburger • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 2 months ago
Going to work never tasted so good! Our mission is to put burgers back into people’s lives. We’re growing our team and living the burger dream as we continue to push boundaries and grow at a pace that has delivered recognition such as America’s Most Promising Company (Forbes), and the #1 Mover and Shaker in the business (FastCasual.com).
Our Restaurant Assistant Managers are World Class Leaders with a passion for Gold Standard Quality Food and Memorable Guest Service.
They set the example that their team members aspire to by teaching and living our High Five Values:
- Excite and Delight: Smile, impress and look after our guests with every visit
- Perfect Food: Delivering the best tasting burger and our SMASHING sides
- Pride in Place: Keeping their restaurant and restrooms clean at all times
- It Starts With Me: Choosing their attitude, being accountable and having fun!
- Do Well, Do Good: Volunteering and supporting their community
Smashburger strongly believes that our best senior leaders come from our outstanding team of Field Managers. We’ve been recognized for growing both quickly and smartly, and are committed to continuing to bring the better-burger into new markets and locations. This has created terrific opportunities for AM’s to be promoted into General Manager roles.
We believe that burgers done right make people happy and that our General Managers are a key ingredient in our effort to bring together bold, remarkable and memorable people, burgers and experiences. To reward you for the essential role you play, we provide a SMASHING compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Highly competitive wages
- 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Vacation Time
- Wellness Resources
- Pre-Tax Savings Accounts
Smashburger Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Assists the GM in the hiring, training and developing hourly team members
- Assists the GM in making timely schedules and appropriate staffing levels in accordance to Smashburger labor matrix
- Assists the GM in ordering inventory and checking in product delivery
- Assists the GM in maintaining proper employee records and documentation per company standards and federal, state and local ordinances
- Lead the restaurant team during a shift to ensure that every guest has a memorable, Gold Standard experience
- Delegate responsibilities to the team
- Be an expert in the menu, recipes and skills for each station in the restaurant
- Follow checklists and proven systems to set up, stock and close the entire restaurant
- Coach and recognize team members throughout the shift
- Facilitate shift huddles; sharing communication and direction with the team
- Protect the guest by ensuring all team members follow food safety standards
- Maintains high food quality and attractive food appearance, made according to Smashburger specifications
- Follow Smashburger cash handling procedures
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by Smashburger
- Complete any other tasks assigned time to time by the management team
- Follow proper sanitation and cleanliness standards in the restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Smashburger standards
- Review and analyze financial data weekly to initiate the necessary actions to increase sales and profits
- Responsible for driving local store marketing, fundraising efforts and overall community involvement
- Manage inventory and ordering processes to ensure an adequate level of product and supplies
- Follow all cash handling procedures to minimize all cash shortages and ensure that daily bank deposits are completed.
- Foster a safe work environment by following safety guidelines
- Follow all Smashburger standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain proper employee records and documentation per company standards and federal, state and local ordinances
- Visit tables after food delivery to ensure the guest’s experience has been Gold Standard
- Ideal candidates will have previous supervisory experience within the restaurant, retail, and/or hospitality industry
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must be able to successfully complete food and alcohol safety certification programs
- Proven ability to drive guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members
- Must possess a sense of urgency, enjoy fast paced environment, and guest service focus
- Ability to successfully complete training program
- Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Smashburger, local, state, and federal employment regulations
- Smashburger participates in E-Verify
While performing the duties of this position, a manager may regularly be required to: work 50 hours a week, work days, nights and/or weekends, work in a fast paced environment, work around hot equipment (grill, fryer) and occasionally be exposed to cold temperatures (walk in freezer/refrigerator). This position may regularly be required to occasionally lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 50lbs, move around the restaurant and tight spaces; walk or stand 100% of shift and reach, bend, stoop, mop and sweep frequently.