To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cleveland, OH
- Raul Shelar
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chemical Manufacturing Operator
Integrated Resources, Inc • Cleveland, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Chemical Manufacturing Operator
Job Location: Cleveland, OH
Job Duration: 8 months
- Must have Chemical experience.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH LARGE SCALE OPERATIONS.
- Prepares and purifies chemical products using basic chemical synthesis techniques on a production scale.
- The chemical products comprise biochemical and diagnostic reagents, amino acid derivatives, buffer compounds and other chemical compounds for research and chemical purposes.
- Work schedules may require occasional overtime hours in order to meet production timelines.
- This position is expected to perform assignments as defined by the department's Work Instructions, SOPs and Preps.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities And Authority Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following:
- Prepares basic chemical compounds following standard written procedures describing basic synthesis techniques. Operates production equipment such as reactors, solvent pumps, centrifuges, balances and tumbler dryers used in the production of chemical products.
- Produces chemical products to a purity and quality to meet specifications as established by the Quality Control Department. Documents the preparation and purification of chemical production in a proper and timely manner.
- Documentation includes manufacturing records, manufacturing orders (MOs) preps, inventory requests, equipment logs, laboratory notebooks, computer entries and other records.
- Assists in the evaluation, modification and development of chemical production procedures with the intent of improving the quality, yield and/or cost efficiency of chemical products.
- Makes modifications with the approval of the Manufacturing Supervisor. Documents development of synthesis procedures using proper laboratory protocol and validation. Writes revisions of production procedures to a standard format.
- Submits revisions for approval to the Manufacturing Supervisor. Performs chemical production procedures using safe practices for the use and handling of chemicals. Complies with safety and regulatory guidelines as described under OSHA, NIOSH, EPA and other agencies and as established by the company's safety programs.
- Uses appropriate safety apparel such as shoes, safety glasses, uniform, dust masks, respirators, gloves, back support, and/or other safety equipment when deemed necessary by laboratory procedures or in the handling of chemicals. Performs basic analytical analysis such as pH measurements to test chemicals, solutions, or intermediates.
- Properly packages and submits chemical products to the Quality Control test laboratory for thorough analysis and verification of purity. Cleans and maintains equipment and glassware used for performing the duties of the job. Keeps assigned work area clean and uncluttered.
- Writes Work Orders for Maintenance repairs or adjustments needed on production equipment. Properly stores and labels chemical reagents and solvents. Requisitions chemical and other items from inventory or purchase according to company procedure.
- Properly disposes of, destroys or recovers chemical waste and by-products generated during chemical production. Makes efforts to minimize the quantities of chemicals requiring waste handling, especially if hazardous. Requires Technician to be available to work occasional overtime hours in order to meet production order timelines, as determined by department management.
- Organizes and maintains a clean and orderly work area in accordance with the administrative General Housekeeping policy. Responsible for following general personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements as established by company policy. Performs all functions in a safe and timely manner in accordance with OSHA standards and general rules and regulations governing the work place.
- Seeks guidance from Supervisor as needed to ensure the above. Attends, and is punctual for, appropriate meetings and training in-services. All other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of previous experience in a chemical manufacturing environment required.