Assistant Classroom Teacher
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 45
Community Services for Children is Seeking a Self-motivated for a rewarding career as an Assistant Teacher. We are a large, well-established, high performing organization located in the heart of the Lehigh Valley. Selected as a 2015 Top Workplace, CSC is a leader in early childhood education. We have a rich tradition of excellence, and earned the Head Start Program of Excellence designation, one of only 10 in the nation.
Community Services for Children requires all staff members provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. We want to create the safest workplace possible and protect children and families. This is also necessary in order to comply with President Biden’s mandated vaccination guidance for all Head Start/Early Head Start programs. Candidates who are selected for this position will have to meet the COVID-19 vaccination condition of employment.
A $500 monetary incentive will be paid to newly employed Community Services for Children staff members who start work after June 1, 2021. The $500 payout will be paid upon successful completion of probation.
Community Services for Children is offering a onetime $75 COVID-19 vaccination incentive for newly hired staff members who are able to show proof of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. The payout will be paid upon successful completion of probation.
- Ensure the daily care of every child enrolled by following all program regulations and guidelines.
- Plans with and assists the lead teacher in preparing learning materials for activities appropriate for preschool age (3 to 5 years of age) children.
- Assist the lead teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment, including serving nutritional meals for children.
- Share in the development and implementation of written lesson plans with the lead teacher.
- Bus monitor activities while accompanying bus drivers during transportation to ensure the safety of all children.
- Collaborate with parents to ensure a positive educational experience for each child.
- Perform other duties assigned by Lead Teacher.
- GED or High School Diploma and must obtain CDA or AA in Early Childhood Education within two years of hire.
- Experience working with preschool children.
- Car and valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) a plus
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Full Time.
- Choice of two medical plans.
- Choice of two dental plans.
- Paid leave for sick, and personal days.
- Paid holidays.
- Agency sponsored 401k retirement plan.
- Early Childhood Education
- Preschool Education
- Self Motivation