APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Dental Assistant to join our Wilshire Dental Clinic! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
No weekend work! Work business hours Monday – Friday
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
The Dental Assistant provides chair-side assistance to the Dentist during patient treatment. Other duties include instrument sterilization, maintaining dental office cleanliness and asepsis, assisting in language translation between doctor and patient, and other front office duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide efficient chair-side assistance to the dentist in the clinic and the mobile dental van.
- Take and develop x-rays.
- Take impressions and pour models.
- Perform coronal polishing (if licensed by the Dental Board of California)
- Fabricate temporary restorations (if licensed by the Dental Board of California)
- Clean, disinfect, and prepare operatories as needed for dental procedures.
- Package and sterilize instruments.
- Help maintain dental supply inventory.
- Assist in maintaining OSHA and HIPAA compliance.
- Be a visible representative of APLA Dental Services, Inc. in the community and occasionally network with other community based organizations to help improve relationships and ensure maximum availability of resources for our patients.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
- Radiation Certificate
- RDA preferred by not required
- At least one year of chair-side assisting experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Universal precautions and infection control
- OSHA and HIPAA regulations
- Dental materials and usage
- HIV/AIDS medical issues (preferred but not required)
- Fluently speak in the Spanish Language
- Work independently and responsibly
- Treat patients with respect, compassion, and confidentiality
- Work independently and responsibly
- Work effectively as a team member in a busy dental practice
- Be self-motivated and maintain the commitment to excellence of APLA Dental Services, Inc.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.