To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carrollton, TX 75006
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RID Senior Scientist
Swiss American CDMO LLC • Carrollton, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug and medical device manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skin care technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC.
RID Senior Scientist
The RID Senior Scientist will be a major contributor to development activities and serve as a principal developer of formulation products applied in different delivery systems for various markets. The job mainly involves formulating a wide range of personal care products and medical devices by utilizing knowledge and experience from a diverse skincare and formulation background in order to create innovative products in the field of Skincare and the medical device category. Develop new formulas using existing and new technologies in the personal care product area to support company-wide growth and future brand strategies. Ensure and be responsible for formulas so that they meet expected performance, safety, and regulatory requirements and can be produced in manufacturing. Experimentation on the bench with conventional and/or nonconventional/creative approaches with new formula bases, raw ingredients and processing techniques that will lead to unique product claims and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create formulas independently and follow up on product stability. Have a solid understanding of the relationship between formulation and product development.
- Determine and perform design of experiments to evaluate new and/or alternate raw materials through bench trials.
- Expert experience with the formulation of a variety of personal care products, cosmetics and OTC from concept to finished product.
- Knowledgeable of the importance of processing, operating, and design factors that affect skincare formulations.
- Responsible for documenting and interpreting data in order to support conclusions with minimal supervision.
- Plan, coordinate and perform activities ranging from pre-formulation, formulation, process characterization, analytical test methods, technology transfer and scale-up
- Work closely with internal R&D, Manufacturing, QC, Client Services, Program Management and external collaborators on product development and QA issues.
- Handle multiple projects, mentor and provide technical direction to junior chemists
- Prepare laboratory batches for stability sampling, preservative efficacy testing, claim/clinical testing, mock-ups and sales evaluation.
- Develop specifications for new and/or reformulated products, ensuring product quality.
- Serve as Lab Applications representative on cross-functional teams.
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, cost, etc.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and cGMPs.
- Notebook documentation.
- Customer support and interaction on a regular basis and problem-solving.
- Master's degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical degree with 5 -10 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care with a strong formulation background; Master’s Degree Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical degree with 12-18 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care with a strong formulation background.
- Ideal candidate will also possess intermediate knowledge of product innovation and development processes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Must be able to work independently with strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.