Food Safety Quality Assurance Lead
• 2+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance in the food manufacturing industry.
• Familiarity with GFSI (BRC V8/SQF), FSMA, FDA, USDA, GMP certified programs
• Knowledge of food industry regulatory requirements such as The Food Safety Plan (HACCP), allergen control, pest control, sanitation program, food security, good laboratory practices.
• Be able to work in an ALLERGEN environment (Gluten, Milk, Soy)
• Maintain, monitor, and review facility documents and keep supplier program updated on a yearly basis.
• Monitor lab test results as they are received.
• Ensure regulatory requirements for ingredients, nutritional labeling, and pre-market labels are approved.
• Perform routine audits throughout the facilities to ensure compliance to food safety & quality programs and policies.
• Must be fluent in English. Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft computer software.
• Assist in managing and training quality assurance and sanitation departments as needed.
- Develop effective quality control processes
- Create and monitor quality control procedures
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures
- Produce production quality reports for management
Good Manufacturing Practices