You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Insurance Representative is directly responsible for writing new quality business, conserving existing business, providing ongoing quality service to policy owners in accordance with the Insurance Representative’s Agreement and maintaining a program of continuous self-improvement. The primary aspect of the Insurance Representative position is to sell. All other functions, particularly policy owner services, provide the opportunities to increase sales activity.
The Representative reports directly to a Managing Representative, Associate Director or Managing Director and is expected to meet weekly and annual objectives. These objectives include, but are not limited to, the number of submitted life & health applications, life and health placements, life & health annualized controllable increase, Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) sales interviews, first year and renewal persistency, first year and renewal lapse limits. The Representative is responsible for the creation, development and implementation of action plans that are consistent with Company and personal objectives. In order to accomplish these goals, one has to demonstrate the ability to work without close supervision and, in some cases, to work evening hours and weekends.
Annual, individualized objectives will be established based on the Representative’s Marketing Plan that He/she will create, develop and implement. The methods/activities/action plans necessary to achieve the annual objectives will also be the responsibility of The Representative. Individual Action Planning Conference's (APC's) for the purpose of meeting the individual’s activity, sales, service and training goals established in the Representative’s Marketing Plan will take place regularly in order to cultivate success.
Education – High school diploma required. An undergraduate college degree, in a business-related field (i.e., marketing, business administration, management, etc.) preferred.
Years and type of experience required/preferred – One to 3 years of experience in an insurance sales environment preferred, but not required.
Life and health insurance license is required.
Valid driver’s license and dependable/reliable transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to...
- Establishing high goals and expectations.
- The ability to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
- The willingness to commit reaching goals and conducting oneself in a professional manner.
- The primary responsibility of an Insurance Representative is to sell insurance policies. Good sales skills will assist in meeting sales goals and increasing their customer base.
- Written and verbal communication skills are crucial. They will be needed in order to develop relationships, educate and communicate with customers frequently.
- Analytical skills are a must. The ability to quickly add, subtract, divide and multiply percentages will help when educating the customer.
- A good amount of patience is important. Ideas and concepts are not always easily explained.
The key to success in the financial services industry is regular activity and cultivating relationships. All duties and responsibilities are rooted in working with clients with whom you choose to work to achieve goals and objectives, both for the client and for oneself.
- Financial Planning
- Financial Services
- Insurance Sales
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.