Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If putting a smile on someone's face puts one on yours, you belong on our team. Here at Optum and UnitedHealth Group, we've brought together teams of incredibly compassionate and absolutely positive people to help serve our members when they call us with questions regarding their health care coverage, eligibility or reimbursement. Your helpful personality combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building a career.
· Answer 50 - 70 incoming phone calls per day from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs
· Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
· Contact care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
· Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to become self - sufficient in using our tools
· Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and / or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
· This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll be called on to research complex issues across multiple databases. It requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while you confidently and compassionately engage in dialogue with the caller. Be assured that our training will provide you with knowledge of the various products, plans and levels of benefits available to members and you'll soon find yourself creating positive experiences and earning the gratitude of callers on an hourly basis.
· Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
· High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
· Experience with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
· Experience skillfully collecting relevant information, building rapport and responding to customers in a compassionate manner
· Experience with conflict management to resolve issues in stressful situations
· Availability to work Monday – Friday between 8:30 AM to 5 PM (Rotating Shift-10:30am-7pm/1-2 per month)
· 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
· Prior health care experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.