Superintendent I Responsibilities
· Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates, and overall schedule completion date is met.
· Creating short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to.
· Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness.
· Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practice standards;
· Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third-party survey and layout personnel when appropriate.
· Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.: plumb, level, straight, etc...)
· Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions.
· Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented.
· Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place.
· Administering client specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
· Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings.
· Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving WCI internal staff and external stake holders such as owners, subcontractors, etc.
· Meeting with client representatives on a regular basis to discuss the status of projects, to proactively identify and resolve problems and to assure that the client is kept knowledgeable about the status of the work.
· Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget.
· Managing changes in project scope to ensure that the most contemporary contract documents are always being used to prevent avoidable rework.
· Administering contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreement to ensure that the scope, terms and conditions are consistently and proactively being met.
· Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion.
· Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence.
· Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR etc.