To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sterling Heights, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Documentation Technician
MB Aerospace • Sterling Heights, MI
Posted 1 month ago
MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
The Engineering Documentation Technician is responsible for assisting in organizing and generating customer quotes, including pending and finished quotes, past quoting activity will also be reviewed. This position will also be responsible for releasing work orders to the shop floor for production.
This position sits in Sterling Heights, MI and will report to the Engineering Director.
· Organizing quotes (pending, finished, etc) and file.
o Archive all previous quoting documentation and file accordingly
· Quote data entry into the following
o Quote it 3D, trial license and review still pending.
o Legacy part, review past-history of job performance will work with controller to establish overall margin (profit / loss)
o New part to be entered as new Item
o Set up actual quote template in Syteline
· Job Release to Floor:
o Receive orders from scheduling and check for revision level to print.
o Print all travellers associated with the order including serial numbers as required
o Print Manufacturing Operation Sheets (MOS)
o Load all items into shop floor packets and deliver to manufacturing
o Daily review and input (win / loss) will work with BD
o Review and request from (customer / BD) elements required for estimating
§ RFQ, Drawing, Model, Material, Etc
§ ITAR rating
§ End user
§ BOM requirements
· Search and request pricing from approved vendors
· Develop spreadsheet with BOM history
· OSP Vendor Requirement
o Review drawing for required vendors needed for OSP
o Send out RFQ to customer approved vendor
o Develop spreadsheet with vendor history
· Submitted quotes to customer
o Organize submitted quotes, hard file, win / loss
o Full RFQ scan into secure file(s) (in development) RICOH
· Syteline and Salesforce experience is deirable (Mastercam)
· Organizing, Blueprint reading, ITAR, 3D Model knowledge, Customer - Vendor communication via email and phone
· Candidate of interest should be highly motivated to learn new things and technologies, exceptional organizational skills and willing to go to training if required.
· Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Must have a valid US Passport
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.