The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is a nonprofit organization that directs a range of domestic and international ministries. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association directs a wide range of domestic and international ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelists Franklin Graham and Will Graham; The Billy Graham Library; The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, located outside of Asheville, N.C.; SearchforJesus.net, an Internet evangelism project reaching thousands of people for Christ online; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet.
The Media Services & Internet Evangelism division is the home to BGEA’s ministry production and distribution. This division includes Video Media Services – the team that produces BGEA’s video programming and materials, Audio Media Services – the team that produces BGEA’s podcasts, maintains the audio sermon archives and stays connected with BGEA’s radio station (Blue Ridge Broadcasting), Digital Media Services – the team that builds and maintains BGEA’s digital offerings, including the websites, the BGEA app, BGEA’s email platform and some of the key social media platforms, Media Archive Group – the team that maintains our photo and video archives and is responsible for photography at BGEA events, and Search for Jesus – the team that leads our Internet Evangelism ministry.
Serves the online ministry of Search for Jesus by providing task level support to the administrative, recruiting, onboarding, training, chat, email, discipleship, church, operations, reporting and monitoring processes of the ministry. Additionally helps facilitate communication with Deaf seekers and volunteers.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of Internet Evangelism’s tools, High Impact volunteer principles and practices, as well as knowledge of conversational evangelism and discipleship methods applicable to an online correspondence ministry.
- Assists with development of Search for Jesus outreach to the Deaf community
- Assists with ongoing administrative tasks for the Internet Evangelism team, such as emails, phone calls, calendar and webinar invites
- Assists with training and supporting volunteer trainers as needed
- Provides volunteer support through email, reviewing Search For Jesus Help email box and responding or forwarding to the correct team member who will respond to the volunteer’s inquiry
- Assist with ongoing reporting, pulling from systems used by IE such as DMSA, Echo and consolidating manually into Excel and preparing for all supervisors and role leads
- Assists with online resources to reach Deaf seekers
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with special projects as directed by the Ministry Operations Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Ministry Operations Manager
- Works closely the Assistant Director, Internet Evangelism
- Works closely with all Internet Evangelism staff
- No supervisory responsibilities
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of high school diploma, with preference for Associate-level degree or equivalent
- American Sign Language (ASL) Proficiency required
- ASL Certificate preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with volunteer management/operations desired, preferably within a Christian ministry environment
- Experience with or capacity to thoroughly utilize Microsoft Office suite, with particular strength in Excel and Word
- Experience with or capacity to thoroughly utilize social media, such as Facebook
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff of all levels of the association, as well as volunteers
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality related to volunteer application and management process
- Capacity to prioritize work and manage multiple projects in a high-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating flexibility when priorities change, completing tasks within the time allowed
- Ability to problem solve and find necessary solutions when problems arise
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office environment
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
Employees filling associate positions, are allowed to work up to 1,000 a year (calendar/sequential) and are not offered any benefits.
Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
Statement Of Faith
- These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24: 46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Expectations For Ministry Employment
- As an employee of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association:
- I acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and that I am a personal representative of Him.
- I understand that BGEA is a Christian organization whose purpose is proclaiming the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world.
- I agree that the purpose of my employment with BGEA is to further its Christian purpose, and that I am prepared to assist in accomplishing that purpose.
- I understand that I must exhibit conduct that is consistent with BGEA’s expectations, whether at work or away from work, in keeping with scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies including Christian Conduct.
- I understand that BGEA has the right and the responsibility to ensure that its Christian religious purpose is carried on with the highest standards and is not harmed or impeded by conduct that is inconsistent with the Bible, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, its Christian religious purpose, or its policies.
- I understand that any of my conduct which is not in keeping with the scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies, is inconsistent with BGEA’s Christian religious purpose.
- I understand that if my conduct is determined by BGEA to be inconsistent with its Christian religious purpose, the result will be corrective action up to and including termination from employment.
American Sign Language
Attention To Detail