Location: Newark, NJ
Duration: 6 Months
This position will generally perform the following functions: Record company transactions and perform all reconciliation and analysis for general ledger accounts.
Monitor & analyze monthly activity and maintain the accuracy of accounting records.
Assist in the development of financial statements, reports and related analysis utilizing the SAP Finance Module.
Prepare various reports for year-end reporting.
Respond to inquiries from the internal and external auditors and address other ad hoc requests.
Support various SEC filings, FERC forms and other special projects upon request.
Document accounting transactions, policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, Education or Experience
• BS Degree in Accounting
• 2+ years of public/private accounting experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Excellent PC skills (Excel Pivot Tables and Word).
Desired Qualifications, Competencies, Education or Experience
• Public utility experience
• SAP Finance Module, Hyperion and Power point experience
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles