The UX Designer will work with the Product Design team at Allegis to design and build engaging business applications for our users. S/he will be working directly with business stakeholders, customers and must be a strong communicator with a positive attitude and the ability to build instant credibility. You must be a champion of human-centered, persona driven design and a resource for our teams on product and design best practices.
The UX Designer will define new design patterns, visual standards and end-to-end experiences that allow our users to excel at doing their jobs. S/he will test, iterate, and test again to discover what really drives results and in doing so, work to elevate the user experiences across the organizations technical product landscape.
- Design user interfaces to meet client needs, with an emphasis on efficiency, clarity and usability.
- Takes direction from a UX Lead.
- Leads design work on major programs and providing oversight/direction to other designers on the program.
- Effectively negotiates trade-offs with product management and development.
- Manage the interaction design process to ensure designs are executed on time and at a high standard, proactively obtain feedback and information to drive decisions, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale, both verbally and visually to clients and internal partners; collaborate to understand business requirements and develop or work with team members to develop solutions.
- Participate as a contributor to interdisciplinary project-based teams that include: visual designers, project managers and developers.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree 7+ years of related work experience respectively.
- BFA or MFA in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, or Human Centered Interface preferred
- 3-5 years of cross-browser and mobile UI/UX design, interaction design, and information architecture design experience.
- Proficiency of multimedia design, prototyping, and presentation tools such as: Sketch, Adobe Suite, and InVision.
- Solid interaction design skills: experience creating wireframes, site/system flows, information architecture, prototypes, etc.
- Deep knowledge in user interface design processes and methodology
- Good communicator, able to articulate (both verbally and written) vision and usability requirements to other project stakeholders.
- Exposure to usability testing and Human Centered Design theory/practice preferred
- Experience in mobile interface and application design preffered
- Ability to facilitate UX workshops in the areas of: discovery, empathy, prioritization, design review.
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge/Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others
User Interface Design
Engineering Design Process