To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
94 Kingsland Road
Clifton, NJ 07014
- Tony Fiduccia
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager Fine Dining Restaurant NJ
Spuntino Wine Bar and Italian Tapas • Clifton, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
• Competitive Pay
• Quarterly Bonus Opportunity
• Medical, Dental and Life Insurance for you and your family
• Domestic Partner Benefits
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching
• Paid Time Off
• Dining Privileges and a whole lot more!
As GM, you must thrive in a restaurant setting and possess the ability to impact the restaurant in order to maximize guest satisfaction and restaurant profitability through oversight and direction of all aspects of operations and people management. In the role of GM you must be a persuasive problem solver with the ability to effectively manage a P&L. As a collaborative and dynamic leader, staff looks to you to set the highest operational standards for others to follow. Your impact must include both day-to-day operations and strategic, long-term planning.
Key Responsibilities / Job Functions
• Build and maintain a restaurant culture that brings the company’s mission, vision, and values to life
• Effectively lead the Managers and Associates to expected results related to people (i.e. staffing levels, turnover, survey results, PFWs) and financials (i.e food cost, labor cost and controllable costs); accurately forecast sales and write schedules in alignment with labor goals
• Create and maintain a proactive recruiting and staffing plan to sustain optimal staffing levels; select great talent, make good hiring decisions, ensure that all new hire orientations and training are delivered effectively, ensure company policies and procedures are clearly communicated and enforced
• Ensure acceptable associate performance by providing effective coaching and/or formal progressive discipline when appropriate, per company policy; write and deliver Associate Performance Reviews and make recommendations regarding promotions and pay rate increases; identify and develop top performers
• Take actions that support the achievement of the restaurant’s expected results in product, environment, and great service
• Lead a positive team environment by recognizing, rewarding, and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments
• Role model and ensure 100% RSOA compliance
• Ensure that excellent restaurant operations are consistently achieved and guests are WOW’ed; Be visibly engaged with guests to build strong relationships and directly impact guest metrics; Identify and resolve potential guest issues before the guest leaves the building and take action to correct them
• Implement and build upon approved local restaurant marketing programs to promote community involvement and increase guest loyalty
• Maintain cleanliness, safety, and organization throughout the restaurant; Ensure all food items are prepared according to company and concept specs and enforce standards of quality, consistency, and timeliness; Ensure the completion of weekly cleaning schedules; Ensure all food safety standards and procedures are followed at all times (i.e. product temps, hand washing)
• Support and follow preventative maintenance schedules
• Follow and enforce inventory control procedures and guidelines; Conduct product inventories and create product and equipment orders
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to HR matters; Consults HR as appropriate
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Human Resources policies and best practices as they relate to operations, P&L, HRIS, and cost control
• Advanced wine knowledge
• Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, Microsoft Office, and typical office equipment (e.g. Telephones, copier, fax machine, Email, etc.)
• Ability to lead others, act as a role model for the company and enforce brand standards
• Thorough knowledge of menu items – wine, food, beverages, preparation methods
• Ability to maintain composure during stressful times and deescalate a situation
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Positive attitude and outlook towards guest and team members
• Meet grooming standards; maintain during shift
• Ability to verbally communicate and write in English
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and provide direction
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills
• Ability to reason and problem solve effectively; formulate strategies and action plans to impact results
• Ability to prioritize and arrange work in an organized fashion
• Intermediate math skills, ability to calculate figures, amounts, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of mathematics relating to financial calculations
• Possess required certifications such as Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Service Card, Serve Safe Certification, etc. as required by state law
Education & Experience
• At least 21 years of age; possess valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Eligibility to work in the United States
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Cross-trained in all positions
• 3-5 years manager experience
• Preferred: Experience in a chef-driven, upscale/full service dining
About Doherty Enterprises, Inc.
Established in 1985, Doherty Enterprises, Inc. is recognized as the 68th largest privately-held business in the New York Metro area by Crain’s Business and the 15th largest franchisee in the United States as ranked in the Restaurant Finance Monitor, operating seven restaurant concepts including: Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar, Panera Bread, Chevys Fresh Mex, Quaker Steak & Lube, Noodles & Company, and two of its own concepts, The Shannon Rose Irish Pub and Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas. In 2017, Nation’s Restaurant News ranked Doherty Enterprises as the 78th largest Foodservice revenue company in the United States. To date, Doherty Enterprises owns and operates over 150 restaurants in northern, southern and central New Jersey, on Long Island, as well as locations throughout Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and sections of Florida and Georgia. The Doherty vision is to be the “Best Food Service Company in the Communities We Serve” and its mission is to “Wow Every Guest Every Time, Wow Our People, Wow Our Communities and Wow Our Suppliers.” ().