The Radiology Tech reports to the Radiology Supervisor and coordinates the activities with staff in diagnostic imaging such as nuclear medicine, MRI, radiology, computer assisted tomography or ultrasound. Monitors the adherence to all diagnostics imaging policies, procedures and services.
1. Reviews procedures to ensure that they are being performed in a manner consistent with defined protocols and standards; assists management in the development of departmental policies and procedures pertaining to personnel, supplies, equipment and patient care.
2. Participates in the development and maintenance of effective quality control and quality assurance processes; participates in accreditation processes.
3. Assists management in evaluating the need for new equipment and supplies; prepares cost/benefit analyses as assigned; prepares supportive documents to justify recommendations; assists with equipment selection and procurement.
4. Comply with all clinical procedures and regulations and ensuring that team members do the same.
5. Protect the clinical boundaries by assuring compliance with all pertinent local, state and federal guidelines that monitor safety and health care standards.
6. Work to uphold the reputation of the clinical environment by maintaining a professional demeanor at all times and strengthening the clinic’s ties with other leaders in the medical radiology field.
7. Schedules and coordinates equipment maintenance or repair as needed.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in radiography, equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Certificate in radiation therapy.
- 3-5 years of experience in clinical radiology.
- 3-5 years of hands-on hospital experience.
- Clinical Works
- Procurement Management
- Quality Management
- Radiation Therapy