Company: We are working with a global manufacturing organization that markets and distributes sophisticated industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring an industrial engineer.
Summary: This hands-on position will engage all members of the operations team and serve as a change agent by leading, facilitating, and executing continuous improvement activities using a variety of skills including Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and Statistical Process Control.
As a result, the Industrial Engineer will act as the change agent for the facility and be the point of contact for and drive facility improvement projects.
Industrial Engineer Summary:
● Conducting time studies and “line balance” assembly production lines.
● Analyze and develop work measurement and productivity controls for production departments
● Serve as the subject matter expert for all processes
● Leads employees and facilitates 5S training/implementation, Kaizen events, suggestion programs, and other improvement practices to continuously improve warehouse operations
● Responsible for training and instructing teams on how to apply LEAN methodology for eliminating wastes in the operation
● Analyzes work and document processes using industrial engineering techniques, i.e. process flow charts, traditional time studies, and predetermined time standards to develop process cycle time.
● Develops warehouse layouts and leverages experience and tools to optimize space utilization and work efficiency
● Develops assembly process flow, layout concepts, equipment specifications, role developments, work instructions, standards, improvement activities, etc.
● BA/BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering
● 3+ years recent complex manufacturing environment experience
● Six Sigma Certification preferred
● Experience using Lean Tools – Value Stream Mapping, Visual Factory/5S
● Experience Leading FMEA/Root Cause Analysis Teams
● Ability to leverage best practices across the organization.