Are you looking to work for a company that cares about you?
Do you have a passion for working with patients and their families?
If you answered yes to the questions above then this position is perfect for you!!
Welcome to “Pettis and Associates” and “Wellness Healthcare Solutions,” a sister organization that provides individual-focused, programs that promote a higher quality of life for those with special needs. Through comprehensive programs such as Home Community Based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living Program services we offer empowerment, independence and community integration, providing choices to Individuals with developmental disabilities.
JOB SUMMARY : Perform the primary function of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy, which is achieved through collaboration with the assigned individuals and other healthcare professionals involved in the individual’s care.
REPORTS TO : Program Manager
JOB FUNCTIONS: May include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide the consumers and families with quality customer service, through multiple phone contacts, monthly face to face visits and other advocacy work
- Ensure that all records related to the individuals meet HCS/TXHML/GR compliance standards.
- Educate the individuals, the families and/or caregiver and members of the health care delivery team about treatment options, community resources, insurance benefits, psychosocial concerns and all services available through the HCS/TXHML/GR programs as applicable to the consumer.
- Meet the individual where he/she lives his/her life through visits in various settings, such as home, day programs, community resources locations and school settings.
- Complete requested weekly and monthly contribution reports accurately and actively develop and re-develop plans to maintain compliance with HCS/Texas Home Living standards and best practices.
- Monitor all HCS/Texas Home Living services to insure the services are accurately implemented according to the developed plans, ongoing and document to your monitoring in an organized monthly note that demonstrates collaboration with your local service team.
- Demonstrate that 25% of your time is dedicated to meeting the individuals where they are, in the community.
Ability To: To document information neatly, electronically, subjectively, objectively, accurately and in a timely manner. Act as the meeting facilitator for individual and family and/or care provider meetings as needed. Accompany individuals to appointments to ensure their health and safety is being address as directed by and/or in coordination with physicians and Wellness Healthcare Solutions Inc’s. clinical services staff.
Special Requirements: Be able to travel within the Dallas County/Tarrant County areas. Must have reliable transportation. Must be able to work some weekends and or evenings based on the individual’s schedule.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: must include but may not be limited to the following:
- Must have at least 3 year of experience with Developmental Disabilities
- Must have a least 3 years of Direct Care Staff experience.
- Must be bilingual Spanish speaking
- Must be computer proficient, Microsoft office, excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be independent and able to manage crisis, develop action plans
- Must be excellent with follow up and deadline achievement.
- QMRP is a plus.