STG International is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Staffing Specilaist to work Full-Time supporting the Department Homeland Security in Washington, DC:
• Apply knowledge of HR regulations, procedures, and operations;
• Review documents for completeness and to ensure the presence of signatures, dates, and attachments;
• Verify employment information according to office procedures;
• Obtain information, maintain listings and records;
• Locate and verify information in official HR folders;
• Assist in the application of specified factors to rank employees by competitive level;
• Provide general information concerning HR processes and procedures;
• Refer inquiries about specific issues or actions to the appropriate specialist;
• Develop, maintain, and log HR action requests into the automated tracking system and forward the action through the system to an HR specialist or other employee assigned to perform the next action on the document;
• Obtain general information concerning employees;
• Enter data, complete forms, and add missing information to HR documents, files, and records;
• Retrieve, print, or store automated information;
• Screen applications to determine if they meet minimum requirements for initial entry onto an applicant supply file;
• Apply specified factors to place applicants in rank order on an inventory or register used to fill a few kinds of related lower-grade positions;
• Provide information and advice on the use of automated HR action processing systems;
• Prepare appropriate selection certificate of eligible or referral list;
• Take appropriate actions upon selection to include identifying the selectee within the USAStaffing system, notification of tentative job offers, after acceptance of the tentative job offer providing applicable security paperwork, coordinating with the selecting official and setting the Entry of Duty (EOD) date, making the final job offer, and providing the applicable EOD forms to the selectee.
• Advise selecting official on hiring procedures and requirements;
• Assist in new employee training/orientation;
• Maintain applicant files;
• Distribute and track HR action requests;
• Compile lists of active vacancies;
• Document T2H metrics;
• Apply critical thinking to all duties and tasks;
• Electronically update position descriptions;
• Enter codes into DHS approved systems for HR actions; and
• Handle all personally identifiable information in accordance with federal law and DHS
• Expert knowledge of HR rules, regulations, procedures, and operations.
• Extensive background in staffing and placement.
• A high level of expertise as a result of long-term performance of these duties, extensive training and education in HR-related areas.
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative and resourceful approaches to problems to maximize results.
Bachelor’s degree plus six (6) years’ experience in staffing or ten (10) years’ experience without a Bachelor’s degree.
STG International, Inc. (STG) is a dynamic professional services company dedicated to providing the following leading-edge services to our government and military clientele:
Medical Staffing Service - Human Resource Services and System Solution - Management and Data Resources Consulting Services - Professional and Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STG was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. Previously certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a woman- owned, minority business, STG is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company’s exponential growth in recent years.
STG International offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
Training And Development