To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10 Parkway North
Deerfield, IL 60015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Clinical Data Manager Nationwide
Advanced Clinical • Deerfield, IL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Advanced Clinical is a global clinical development organization that provides CRO, FSP, Quality & Validation, and Strategic Resourcing services for biopharmaceutical and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a better clinical experience for our clients. With global experience in over 50 countries, we are committed to improving all lives touched by clinical research. We understand the complex nature of the clinical research industry and approach each opportunity with compassion. Together, we answer the hopes of patients and healthcare professionals with industry-leading services in global life-sciences. As part of the Advanced Group family of companies, Advanced Clinical employees provide the support, structure, and professional background and experience for better clinical trials and research. They are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Advanced Clinical.
A Senior Clinical Data Manager is responsible for performing data management activities for studies in a manner that ensures all time frames and targets are met to the client’s satisfaction. These actiarvities include all aspects of data management from study startup through database lock including document creation, database testing, and data cleaning.
A Senior Clinical Data Manager may be responsible for the quality and accuracy of the database for multiple clinical studies across multiple indications/sponsors.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Communicate with the study team
- Create documentation for and conduct regularly scheduled meetings
- Assist with final Quality Control reviews and compile final Quality Control audit reports
- Maintain and compile all study documentation
- Perform steps pertaining to database freeze/lock and coordinate all related activities
- Coordinate with the applicable programming team regarding any database or programming changes needed throughout the study
- Coordinate with all applicable external vendors
- Direct sponsor/client representative interaction
- Participate in client study kickoff and closeout meetings
- Create materials for and, if necessary, conduct kick-off meetings and study specific trainings
- Perform Study Start-up
- Prepare or review draft Case Report Forms (CRFs)
- Prepare draft of CRF Completion Guidelines
- Prepare draft of Data Management Plan (DMP) and Edit Check Specifications
- Prepare draft of all applicable database design specifications
- Prepare draft of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Plan
- Perform UAT on the database/user roles/edit check specifications and compile the UAT package
- Review draft CRF Annotates and Database Specifications
- Perform Data Management Review
- Perform discrepancy management by effectively utilizing the DMP and Edit Check Specifications to review the data for overall consistency and accuracy
- Perform manual review/QC checks as listed in the Edit Check Specifications using applicable browser or reporting tools
- Perform vendor data reconciliation with applicable clinical database (e.g., IVRS, laboratory data, SAE)
- Perform query processing/resolution
- Track all DM issues and ensure proper resolution by study completion
- Identify data trends and report study inconsistencies to applicable study team personnel and work together to develop and implement an action plan
- Assist in the creation and review of SOPs and training materials
- Ad hoc report creation and validation
- Conduct data management applicable training for employees
- Interview job applicants and provide feedback
- Perform other duties as requested by management
This job description is a summary of the job and requirements that are essential to the evaluation of the job. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in the job are required to perform the expectations for the specific job, which may, on occasion, include functions of a higher or lower skill level than is included in this classification.
At least 5 years of experience in data management is required and a Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. The candidate must be able to perform all job functions with minimal to no direct supervision and possess a full understanding of all aspects of data management. In addition, the candidate must have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills. They must be detail-oriented, a self-motivator, and proficient in Microsoft Office. The candidate must be willing to take on additional projects and work overtime when necessary.
Minimum Training Requirements
The list below includes the general training subjects, and not necessarily the exact name of the training course obtained:
- Applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- Good Clinical Practices (GCP Regulations; ICH Guidelines; Good Quality Practices)
- 21 CFR Part 11 and Computer Security (Part 11, Electronic Records; Electronic Signatures-Scope and Application; 21 CFR 11 and Industry Guidances; Computerized Systems Used In Clinical Trials)
- Good Clinical Data Management Practices
- Drug Development and Approval Process
- Data Management Overview
- MedDRA and WHODrug Overview
- Sponsor/Study specific trainings, when applicable
- Applicable system training
What’s in it for you? Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer:
Career Development Opportunities: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/realize-your-potential
Community Programs: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/unleash-your-passion
For a complete list of all of our job openings, please visit Advanced Group’s career site here.
It is Advanced Group’s practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.