GovEx Academy at Johns Hopkins University Centers for Civic Impact is seeking an Instructor responsible for the delivery of trainings which build data skills in the public sector. The Instructor delivers high-quality, online training to meet the needs of our unique learners.
GovEx Academy is dedicated to teaching data and other leading edge skills to government and NGO staff. Our goal is to empower public sector employees to make data-informed decisions by providing training that meets their present and future needs. Training is an essential element in creating sustainable, current data practices for governments everywhere. GovEx Academy is developing a full suite of online and in-person trainings to grow and deepen capacity among civil servants - from executive leaders to frontline staff.
The Instructor works collaboratively to deliver trainings related to data management, analytics, communicating with data, and community engagement. The Instructor’s primary focus is on sustaining and scaling trainings to meet the training demands of public sector employees.
Our ideal candidate has four year experience delivering training for adult learners, is comfortable working with dynamic teams as well as teaching both in-person and online, and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Like all staff at GovEx Academy, the Instructor requires a high level of self-motivation, initiative, and demonstrated success working within a results-oriented and entrepreneurial organization. While GovEx Academy offers workplace flexibility, this position involves working at our Homewood Campus office. Occasional travel may be required. This position reports to the GovEx Academy Director.
Multiple Positions Available
Remote work is permitted
GovEx’s Lead Trainer is an energetic, engaged professional with outstanding technical and interpersonal skills. Qualifications include:
Minimum Qualifications (mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or related field
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in course design and development, faculty training, or program/course assessment/evaluation required.
- Additional education may substitute for experience, and additional experience may substitute required education to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula.
- Four years related experience delivering training or curriculum
- Experience delivering training for adult learners
- Familiarity with project management software and applications
- Familiarity with TalentLMS
- Knowledgeable, energetic, and passionate about data and education
- Knowledge of the field of government data and how it is used to improve service delivery
- Experience conducting data analysis using Excel, R, Tableau, or other relevant visualization software
- Advanced knowledge of survey methodologies and tools, such as Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey
- An understanding of quantitative research methods
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to review the work of others for accuracy, credibility, and value
- A commitment to a collegial workplace
- Ability to work independently and in a results-oriented workplace
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in using PowerPoint, Google Slides, or similar software
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality online and in-person training focusing on data management, analytics, communicating with data, and community engagement to public sector learners
- Contribute to the development of educational media products such as webinars, video, and graphics
- Collaborate with Academy staff to effectively use of instructional design strategies, web-based resources, multimedia technologies, and to improve teaching and learning
- Consult with Civic Impact subject matter experts to ensure instructional integrity of courses
- Serve as a subject matter expert for students
- Support implementation, administration, and evaluation of day-to-day activities of online education programs
- Continuously gather stakeholder feedback on training programs and make adjustments accordingly
- Support the wider Civic Impact team to tailor existing learning materials and content to meet general market as well as specific client/funder needs
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated