To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, OH 43215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Produce Brokerage Sales Representative
R.S. Hanline • Columbus, OH
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Work Status: Full Time; Salary plus Commission
Pay: $45,000/year base salary
Location: Columbus, Ohio; Shelby, Ohio
R.S. Hanline is seeking a Produce Brokerage Sales Representative who possesses a broad-based knowledge of procurement of all fresh produce items on a 12-month basis. This position will work to load mixer/LTL trucks from major growing regions across North America. To succeed in this position, the candidate must be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines. High energy, professionalism, and organization are necessary qualities that the ideal candidate for this role will possess. This sales role primarily focuses on produce transportation and temperature-controlled freight. Candidates with a proven history of acquiring and retaining business relationships are preferred. This position offers a competitive base salary, plus quarterly commission payouts based on sales-performance.
· 0-3 Years of Experience in Sales, Transportation, Produce, or Brokerage preferred
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Must be willing and able to be available via phone/email outside of office hours, including weekends
· Must be able to stay organized due to abundant requests from numerous ambitious customers.
· Strategic thinking and analytical skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Effective negotiation skills
· Attention to detail/accuracy
· Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and resilient
· Excellent customer service skills
· Collaborative; able to work effectively in a team-environment
· Conduct weekly commodity market investigations
· High-volume outbound calls (80-100 daily) to source, detect, and qualify leads to secure new customers
· Build, manage and maintain meaningful relationships with suppliers/customers
· Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and speed of delivery of products and services
· Negotiate rates, payment terms, contract terms, discounts, etc. on behalf of suppliers
· Track weekly brokered loads “margin after freight” pallet counts, and dollars earned
· Produce weekly “Produce Report” for existing and prospective customers
· Must be available outside of work hours and on weekends for prospective or existing customers, as well as internal communication with sales at R.S. Hanline or outside customers