The Quality Improvement Manager will lead and manage all project activities in accomplishing the quality goals and objectives related to manufacturing operations, the introduction of new products, supplier quality, auditing and continuous improvement of the quality system. The position will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for program development, deployment and startup to ensure that the goals & objectives are met.
· The Quality Improvement Manager is responsible for communicating deliverables, requirements, and needs. This requires; an accurate assessment of the project, a confirmation from the customer that deliverables are understood, compiling the required resources, and establishing ownership throughout the organization for the deliverables.
· Manage assigned projects from conception to completion to include tasking of resources, developing/meeting timelines and establishing budgets insuring cost accountability.
· Advise and guide management on quality related issues including operating department quality systems audits, corrective action plan and preventative action development, operator testing, evaluation and retraining as needed for continuous improvement.
· Establishes and/or revises existing policies and procedures necessary for successful implementation of the Quality Improvement (QI) Program.
· Monitors and improve organizational processes with the aim of making them as efficient as possible. Map out all workflows, remove waste and low-value activities, and recommend solutions for improvement.
· Leads and directs process and overall quality improvement activities that produce better customer service and more efficient operations.
· Implements a strategy and plans for a quality improvement function within the facility in collaboration with management. Tracks and presents results of improvement efforts.
· Develop, distribute, and monitor project timelines with key milestone checks to assure the projects will be completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
· Responsible for documenting the project history using meeting minutes and action item documentation for all related project meetings. Document owners of action items with responsible parties and due dates. Track and follow all action items through resolution.
· Ensure compliance with company policies and business practices to include industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
· Perform other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Strong knowledge of the Quality System Regulations and International Standards.
· Ability to understand interactions (cause and effects) between equipment/process/product and draw sound conclusions from the data.
· Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the successful resolution of day-to-day business issues.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Possess the ability to teach others effectively.
· Ability to use management tools in normal job function to handle multiple tasks with proper prioritization, ability to be able to give direction and instruction to others.
· Capability to work independently, handle changing priorities and short time constraints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor Science degree in engineering or equivalent technical discipline. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Five (5) years of Quality leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
· 3 years of demonstrated project team leadership.
· ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is a plus
· Understanding of statistics, statistical process control (SPC), process capability, verification, validation, metrology, inspection techniques, sampling plans, FMEA and risk assessment.
· Proven proficiency in using root cause problem solving tools including Pareto Analysis, Five Why Analysis, and Five Step Analysis, DMAIC
· Proficient computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
· Solid working knowledge of QI Macros or equivalent statistical analysis program (e.g. Mini-Tab).
· No direct supervisory requirements.
· Project leadership, influencing key stakeholders, capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the successful resolution of day-to-day business issues.
· Responsible for workflow, training for new employees, and answering job-related questions.
Quality Manufacturing Systems