Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public, and private enterprises/partnerships.
Alpha Corporation’s vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently seeking a Site Civil Engineer to support our growing team in our Dulles, VA office.
As a Site Civil Engineer, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects.
The Site Civil Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Working with project teams all aspects of projects; project set-up, drafting, design, quality review and quality assurance, project coordination/organization, etc.
- Preparing and designing improvement plans for a wide range of projects.
- Preparing and modifying of construction documents, reports, specifications and designs for the project
- Analyzing maps, reports, drawings, as-builts and test results for design projects
- Assisting with post design construction support services to respond to RFI’s, submittal reviews, as-built preparation, and field observations
- Working alongside office staff and management to successfully complete projects within the established budgets and deadlines.
The qualifications for the Site Civil Engineer role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 2+ years of full- time engineering experience
- Eligibility for or in possession of EIT certification
- Understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic processes
- Knowledge of Stormwater Management Design, Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Design, and associated Environmental Permitting Services
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering principles and techniques with reference to construction materials, methods, and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience using CAD/Design software (Microstation and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Computer Aided Design