To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dulles, VA
- Maribeth Corduck
- Phone: 571-346-1144
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (HR) Manager
Alpha Corporation • Dulles, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, and large infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public, and private enterprises/partnerships.
Alpha Corporation’s vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking exciting and rewarding careers.
We are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Manager for our Dulles, VA office.
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources functions throughout the company. Principle functions of the position include;
· Collaborating with executive management to ensure policies are updated according to company, local, state and federal regulations and guidelines
· Maintaining and/or revising the company’s policies and procedures handbook
· Ensuring high quality and cost-effective employee benefits program is in place and informing employees about benefits
· Reviewing and auditing employee benefit enrollments
· Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures for company-wide HR matters
· Responding to employment verifications, background investigations, and all other verification applications related to prospective employees
· Collaborating with the CFO to ensure salaries for all positions are competitive in the industry market place
· Assisting with compensation administration, including bonuses and merit increases;
· Reviewing, revising and maintaining an easy to use performance evaluation process;
· Assisting the CFO with preparation and oversight of the HR budget
· Ensure we have a progressive disciplinary process with proper documentation to ensure a robust workforce
· Preparing and filing mandatory government reports ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
· Overseeing, training and supporting HR staff
· Guiding with the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure we develop methods to retain talent in the company
· Coordinating and overseeing the annual company 401K audit
The qualifications for the Human Resources Manager role include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is required.
• PHR certification required; SPHR certification preferred
• Experience working in the AEC industry is preferred
• Minimum of five years of hands-on experience in Human Resources Management
• Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint, ADP Workforce Now and Taleo is preferred
· Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines with a focus on employee relations, staffing, and performance management;
· Highly detail oriented with an ability to analyze and interpret results to create effective solutions
· Demonstrated high level(s) of both verbal and written communication skills
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to provide our employees with the chance to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.