One of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate over 80,000 miles of pipelines and over 100 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our terminals store and handle petroleum products, chemicals and other products.
This is a 90 day contract to hire assignment. This will depend on work performance, attendance, etc...
Contract assignment comes with 401k non matching and minimal essential health coverage paid for by Abrams Technical Services to the contractor only.
The Sr. Drafter position organizes and provides modifications of detailed, technical, scale drawings of single units or parts for construction, modifications, replacements, and repairs of stations, terminals, tank farms and pipelines using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) methods and hand-produced modifications of existing drawings.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Prepares detailed, technical, scale drawings for projects based on engineering specifications, blueprints, sketches, photos, videos and other available input, including oral explanation, using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) methods. 3D modeling proficiency is required
· Modifies existing drawings by hand drafting when the time does not permit replacement by CADD drawings
· Provide drawings, as needed, to engineers, project managers, field personnel, and other departments within the company as necessary and appropriate
· Performs vessel calculations utilizing software
· Closely coordinates work with engineers and project managers through oral and written communications
· Have regular and predictable attendance
Perform other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma
· 2-year technical degree in computer-aided design and drafting applications (CADD) or equivalent work experience
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
· 4-5 years of relevant work experience using CADD applications in relevant industry
· AutoCAD & CADWorx experience required, Autodesk Inventor preferred
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proficient in the mechanical design of packaged Gas Treating equipment
· Proficient in structural design, piping design, and applicable codes
· Knowledge of Pressure Vessel design
· Demonstrated ability to apply CADD applications
Computer Aided Design
Oil And Gas
3 D Modeling