A highly respected and innovative company seeks a Service Manager to join their team!
The Service Manager (SM) will lead, manage, and continuously develop both a team of in-house service technicians and a team of field service technicians to ensure an efficient operation offing technical support, service and preventive maintenance to our customers throughout the USA and Canada.
The Service Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, direction, and control of resources to meet the operational goals and key performance indicators for the Service Department.
The Service Manager will be responsible for a customer mindset and ensuring strong focus on safety, quality, integrity and have a strong commercial understanding of running our Service Department.
The Service Manager will report to the Senior Management Committee – CEO/CCO/CFO
Service Manager Essential Job Functions:
· Manage and direct the activities of all service team members within multiple time zones & geographic regions.
· Manage regional revenue and expense budgets.
· Identify opportunities to improve and streamline the operation.
· Manage the selection, hiring, firing and training of new service employees.
· Work closely with our Sales and Installation Team to achieve overall company goals.
· Provide guidance and coaching to all members of the service department to ensure that everybody is offering an impeccable level of service for our customers.
· Ensure that all team members understand the commercial aspects and consequences of all transactions.
· Monitor employees work levels, customer service and review work performance.
· Conduct/arrange training in areas of technical service, repair and preventive maintenance, safety and operational procedures.
Service Manager Compensation:
Base Range $75K - $100K
Bonus Range $25K - $50K
Service Manager Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
· 5-7 years of scheduling management and customer service experience.
· Technical background or very technically inclined.
· Full P & L Responsibility for Service Department
· Full time position working across all time zones in the USA.
· Strong communication skills including the desire to develop and lead teams.
· Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks/projects in a busy environment.
· Strong commercial experience and understanding of a service operation.
· Travel is required to visit field service technicians – EXPECTED OVERNIGHT TRAVEL - UP TO OF 30% OF THE TIME
· Professional Manner and Appearance.
· Bi-Lingual English / Spanish preferred
· Proven leadership skills, credibility and ability to resolve conflicts and motivate teams.
· Demonstrated coaching and mentoring abilities.
Coaching And Mentoring