To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenbelt, MD 20770
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Credit Union • Greenbelt, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, performs a variety of complex, semi-complex, and routine accounting and clerical duties relating to Corporate Accounts, ATMs, Shared Branching, ACHs, and Card Services (Credit/Debit/ATMs) program. Receives, sorts, and proofs accounting documents, posts totals to the general ledger, reviews internal records, performs arithmetic calculations, researches adjustments, and reconciles accounts. Responsible for preparing card documents and researching and responding to members inquiries. Responsible for the ATM, ACH, Share Draft, and Shared Branch settlement process. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees Share Draft process and related issues to ensure Share Draft daily returns are processed timely.
2. Responsible for balancing and reconciling general ledger accounts; settling outstanding items quickly. Research and resolve any general ledger out-of-balance conditions/accounts. Works with other departments in resolving GL related out-of-balance issues. Maintains current knowledge of all applicable Regulation requirements.
3. Reconciles the S1, S4, clearing, suspense GLs; settles outstanding items quickly.
4. Responsible for ensuring third-party (ACH, ATM, Share Drafts, Shared Branching, etc.) transmissions are sent, received, verified, and accurately transmitted.
5. Prepares monthly reports for Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, and Liability Accruals.
6. Utilizes tact and experienced based knowledge to resolve accounting problems, explaining specific policies and procedures. Researches, responds to and resolves member (internal and external) problems/questions.
7. May prepare a variety of on-going and/or special reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end basis to include budget, account activity, cost analysis, and specialized monthly management reports relating to all GL accounts.
8. Monitors, reviews, updates, and ensures timely resolution of outstanding cases in the dept.
9. Review reconcilement research and problem-solving on all GL accounts. Reviews corporate statements and ensures proper posting of appropriate entries. Maintains daily corporate account checks/money orders reconciliations. Post all investment entries and reconcile general ledger. Investment entries consist of purchases, called investments, matured investments, premiums, discounts, monthly pay down of MBS and CMOs, etc.
10. Processes and resolves member inquiries (i.e., share drafts, returned checks, stop payments, ATM issues, etc.). Researches and resolves member disputes by obtaining copies of sales drafts statements and processes required adjustments. Makes adjustments to member’s accounts as needed. Oversees, reviews fraud disputes to ensure claims are properly handled.
11. Reviews all reconcilements for accuracy. Prepares and collects appropriate paperwork for supporting documentation. Communicates with the Federal Reserve regarding outstanding adjustments.
12. Reviews GLs for any outstanding items. Corrects all out of balance conditions/accounts. Work in conjunction with other departments for the efficient operation of TEFCU.
13. Responsible for overseeing transmission and receipt of third-party items pertaining to ACH, ATM, share drafts, etc. and verify data for accuracy of transmission.
14. Acts within the policies and procedures of the Credit Union. Performs job duties and responsibilities in a manner which protects the integrity and reputation of the Credit Union.
15. Monitoring operating expenses in accordance with the budget.
16. Performs other Accounting and operational processing duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager and/or President/CEO.
17. Balances and reconciles AP and AP clearing GLs.
18. Responsible for preparing invoices and verify invoice amounts are properly approved and disbursed. Ensures payment is accurate and posted correctly including Corporate’s credit cards.
19. Monitoring operating expenses in accordance with the budget.
20. Ensures proper and timely implementation of accounting related items. Works in conjunction with vendors to ensure proper understanding; asks pertinent questions to ensure seamless integration.
21. Investigates and researches outstanding billing issues. Maintains close working relationship with outside vendors.
22. Maintains and update vendor list including contracts/agreements.
23. Ensure ACH payment are properly recorded and processed in Symitar.
24. In charge of any other AP related activities.
25. Performs all duties of the Accounting Team Lead, Accountant, and Accounting Assistant as needed.
26. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or minimum three to five years accounting experience, preferably in a financial institution. Knowledge of Credit Union operations, regulations, lending and accounting policies and practices. Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP. Previous experience with credit, debit, or ATM card processing. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) the Internet and other financial analysis programs. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects/priorities in an effective manner. Must be able to deal with highly confidential information. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment, be bondable, and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift 25 lbs. or more (file boxes). Some travel required.