To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chattanooga, TN
- Joel Coltrane
- Phone: 843-815-9111 ext 228
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The River Group Inc. • Chattanooga, TN
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: near Chattanooga TN area
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: outstanding benefits package
About our Client:
Our client is a leader in the manufacturing of cutting-edge packaging solutions. The Process Engineer has the primary responsibility of trouble shooting, identifying process controls, extrusion/thermoforming processes and packaging layouts. The Process Engineer will be responsible for the process control record keeping, training of new operators, maintenance and continuous improvement of all processes, and the necessary project work to drive these continuous improvements. This position also acts as a technical resource for all processing equipment. This position reports directly to the Technical Manager and also will work with the Shift Supervisor.
· Perform process trouble shooting and debug new equipment
· The training of new hire as well as current employees.
· Preventative Maintenance training.
· Keep proper documentation for training.
· Troubleshoot and modify any/all industrial machinery
· Assist with equipment retrofits/upgrades
· Direct product changes and assist with start-up procedures
· Designing and building fixtures
· Performs all work in accordance with established OSHA, EPA and safety regulations
· Good attendance and punctuality required
· Project support assistance.
· Work with OEM technical support personnel.
· Engineering and tool room support
· Training other mechanics and operators.
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
· Miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor.
- A minimum of a college degree in plastics or equivalent required
- In the absence of a degree, a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in an industrial environment required
- In the absence of a plastics degree a minimum of 5 years in extrusion, thermoforming processes or plastics processes
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronics, PLC, hydraulics, welding etc.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, tools, practices and procedures
- Ability to work well in a team-environment & motivate others within the team
- Normal Dexterity & Weight Requirements (requires extensive walking, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing and lifting up to 60 pounds)
- Ability to guide and train new operators and mechanics
- Provide tools to perform duties of position
- Work split shifts as needed