Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: near Chattanooga TN area
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: outstanding benefits package
About our Client:
Our client is a leader in the manufacturing of cutting-edge packaging solutions. The Process Engineer has the primary responsibility of trouble shooting, identifying process controls, extrusion/thermoforming processes and packaging layouts. The Process Engineer will be responsible for the process control record keeping, training of new operators, maintenance and continuous improvement of all processes, and the necessary project work to drive these continuous improvements. This position also acts as a technical resource for all processing equipment. This position reports directly to the Technical Manager and also will work with the Shift Supervisor.
· Perform process trouble shooting and debug new equipment
· The training of new hire as well as current employees.
· Preventative Maintenance training.
· Keep proper documentation for training.
· Troubleshoot and modify any/all industrial machinery
· Assist with equipment retrofits/upgrades
· Direct product changes and assist with start-up procedures
· Designing and building fixtures
· Performs all work in accordance with established OSHA, EPA and safety regulations
· Good attendance and punctuality required
· Project support assistance.
· Work with OEM technical support personnel.
· Engineering and tool room support
· Training other mechanics and operators.
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
· Miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor.
- A minimum of a college degree in plastics or equivalent required
- In the absence of a degree, a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in an industrial environment required
- In the absence of a plastics degree a minimum of 5 years in extrusion, thermoforming processes or plastics processes
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronics, PLC, hydraulics, welding etc.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, tools, practices and procedures
- Ability to work well in a team-environment & motivate others within the team
- Normal Dexterity & Weight Requirements (requires extensive walking, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing and lifting up to 60 pounds)
- Ability to guide and train new operators and mechanics
- Provide tools to perform duties of position
- Work split shifts as needed
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide Technical Guidance
Engineering Design Process