- Management of the production processes and schedules
- Management of the inventory of raw and finished product
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality
- Optimize the utilization of resources by implementation of an effective production organization
- Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded
- Supervising, training, and motivating a team of workers
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives
- Create and implement SOP’s
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs
- Coordinate with QA Manager to ensure that all food safety practices and procedure are followed
- Coordinate with the maintenance department to maintain and repair all processing and production equipment to minimize loss of production time and improve productivity
- Maintain individual skills to keep up to date on the latest production and production management concepts
- Participate in Senior Leadership Team meetings
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates
- Liaison with different departments, e.g. Shipping, Receiving, Purchasing, Sales, Maintenance, Dispatch, Transportation
- Assist with planning and implementing of processing plant improvements and expansions
- Additional duties as required to support the mission of Keany Produce & Gourmet
- 5-7 years of experience in High Volume Culinary Operations, with a minimum of 3 years of management
- The processing of fresh fruits and vegetables, and equipment used in the production
- HAACP, ServSafe, GMP’s, Sanitation and Food Safety concepts
- USDA/FDA guidelines
- PC skills to include Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in Spanish
- Proven track record in managing a 24-hour operation, large scale production kitchen facility preferable with multiple shifts of approximately 130 total associates
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels, to set priorities, to make decisive decisions, to demonstrate initiative and follow-through, to provide strong leadership, and to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment to meet deadlines and company needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Culinary
- 10 Years experience in the management of kitchen production with multiple shifts
- Change management, SQF Program, ServSafe, Culinary Operations
- Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in planning and implementation
- Ability to take an idea from conception to execution
- Ability to write Project Proposals with ROI’s for capital investment
Training And Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
For more than a quarter-century, our family has built a tradition of exemplary service by delivering an extensive selection of the freshest produce to businesses in the nation’s capital. Our constant commitment to high quality, honest dealing, and customer satisfaction has earned our family business the reputation of being the largest and oldest purveyor of the finest produce in the region.
View the full profile
We recognize that you don't work nine-to-five and neither do we. Our offices are staffed with customer service professionals 24 hours a day to serve you better. And with a fleet of over 100 refrigerated trucks, we make timely deliveries to customers in Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Frederick, MD., Philadelphia, PA., Northern Virginia and Richmond, and Eastern shore six days a week.
Our new, 90,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility allows us to stock the widest variety and highest volume of the freshest fruits, vegetables, and related food items in the market to consistently bring you the best of the best.
No matter the size of your operation, its focus or its claim to fame, Keany can help solve your produce puzzle. From single-unit purchasing agreements to corporate-wide procurement programs, we wrote the book on innovation. And we have a staff of over 300 dedicated employees with an impressive wealth of produce knowledge. Each committed to doing it right - every time.