Samuels and Son Seafood Company one of the Nation’s largest distributors of fresh and frozen seafood is searching for an experienced HR Professional. You must be highly organized, can multi-task at any time, enjoys a challenge and likes a variety of responsibility. This is an opportunity to grow within our organization at many different levels.
Job Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
· Conducts recruitment efforts for logistic, warehouse and office personnel; conducts employee orientations.
· Administers various human resources plans, policies and procedures for all company personnel.
· Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Human Resources (Hr) Generalist
· Handles employee counseling, and exit interviewing.
· Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
· Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
· Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
· as required and assigned.
- Two years Human Resource experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment.
- Two years’ experience in Union Environment
- Must be available to travel 25% of time
- Excels in a fast paced environment.
- Can work a flexible schedule.
- Detailed oriented.
- Computer Skills: MS Office including Word, Excel, ADP HRB database/HRIS system.
- Maintains Confidentiality.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)