To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
125 Whipple Street
Providence, RI 02908
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Greysmith Companies • Providence, RI
Posted 2 months ago
Currently seeking a Legal Assistant for a great opportunity in the Providence, RI area. The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of previous legal and e-filing experience in State and Federal Courts.
Responsibilities of the Legal Assistant
● Assist attorneys in all aspects of legal case preparation and file management from commencement through settlement or trial.
● Draft routine or complex legal documents for review and use by attorneys.
● Review, organize, and summarize case materials.
● Conduct legal research and investigations as needed and directed.
● Responsible for docketing, calendaring, drafting pleadings and motions, discovery and other litigation related documents.
● Draft pleadings, subpoenas, discovery requests and response, other legal documents and other correspondence.
● Manage of email communications.
● Open and close files.
● Attend and provide assistance at trial when needed
Requirements of the Legal Assistant
● 2+ years of previous legal experience
● E-filing experience in State and Federal Courts
● Case management experience with docketing, calendaring, drafting pleadings and motions, discovery and other litigation related documents.
● Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook & Excel
● Strong communication skills both oral and written
● Ability to maintain confidentiality in the highest level
● Ability to handle large volume of work and able to meet deadlines
Compensation of the Legal Assistant
● Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour