Work all windows of the casino cage. Provide a high level of service to patrons and employees while conducting transactions. Act as a Spotlight 29 Casino and Tortoise Rock Casino information center by answering guest inquiries. From concerning casino promotions, live entertainment, special events, and The 29 Palms Band of Mission Indians. Responsible for enrolling casino guests into Club 29 and assist in the distribution of prizes, awards, and promotional items to eligible guests and duties as they relate to the bus patrons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a 10-key calculator.
- Welcomes incoming passengers from buses upon arrival.
- Know the events occurring at the casino; including but not limited to, the featured bands in the lounge, table games events, slot events, etc., and advise Casino guests accordingly.
- Thoroughly familiar with all Spotlight 29 Casino and Tortoise Rock Casino promotions, including but not limited to rules and guidelines for guest participation, the location where guests can enter the promotions and advise guests accordingly.
- Assist in the distribution of prizes offered in the Casino's various promotions.
- Know the casino layout in order to assist customers in locating such services as restrooms, cash cage, table games areas, cafe, specific slot machines games, etc.
- Inform guests of the advantages and benefits of the Club 29 membership and then enroll them into the program.
- Act as a liaison between Marketing and the casino guest, communicating with both to expedite customer requests.
· Assist customers with monetary and informational needs.
· Maintain security and accountability of company funds located in the cage during a shift.
· Handles large amounts of cash at one time.
· Redeem chips for customers as specified by policy and procedure guidelines.
· Cash personal checks using the check cashing system under specific guidelines.
· Process credit card advances using the Global Cash Access system under specific guidelines.
· Do transactions on designated work area only.
· Solely responsible and accountable for chip/cash fund at assigned window during their shift.
· Must process all transactions accurately and maintain window variances to an absolute minimum.
· All required documents must be filled out completely with legible print.
· Redeem slot tickets under specific guidelines.
· Comply with Spotlight 29 Casino’s and Tortoise Rock Casino’s policies and applicable laws by following established house rules, procedures, and internal control policies.
· Accesses the CMS system and other files and data information.
- Responsible for entering bus manifest into the system to ensure each passenger has been accounted for.
- Provide constructive feedback to the Marketing staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Communicate with all other departments as needed using professionalism.
· Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
· Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
· Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literate
- Capable of typing 40 wpm
- Six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made if requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk or sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
· The Casino is a gaming facility.
· The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.
· Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on 24-hour, 7- day per week basis.
Adp/Sis Auto Cage System (For Brokerage Firms)