To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Glendale, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
Software Resources • Glendale, CA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We have an 2+ month contract assignment for a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst on site in Glendale, CA
The Publishing Controllership team is primarily responsible for managing the business units' accounting activities for the Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products segment, including implementing efficient and effective systems and processes. This role, supporting the Publishing business, has interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel. It represents a unique opportunity to provide accounting and business unit industry expertise on key initiatives and special projects within the Company.
This position, reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Accounting, is a core financial accounting role, responsible for the following key functions:
- Responsible for reviewing and setting up talent contracts in the Publishing royalties system (Client), in accordance with contract terms and company accounting policies and procedures
- Preparation, coordination, review and analysis of the Publishing reporting processes for month-end and quarter-end
- Research and prepare explanations for balance sheet and income statement variances
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review and update documentation of business processes, and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Provide monthly and quarterly close assistance for other accounting team members
- Assist management with ad hoc requests/special projects
- 3 – 5 years of month-end close, general ledger accounting, and reporting experience
- We are looking for someone with growth potential, demonstrating strength in the following areas:
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and follow through on issues to completion
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel and SAP
CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at http://www.softwareresources.com/it-careers/it-job-search/
Software Resources specializes in IT talent recruitment services and workforce staffing solutions. Founded in 1992 as an IT staffing services firm, we are a privately held women-owned business enterprise (WBE), celebrating our 23rd year in business. We are headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida, just outside of Orlando. With branches and sales professionals throughout the U.S., Software Resources is the staffing agency of choice for clients and consultants.
We specialize in IT. It's what we do and what we know, every day. We provide contract, contract to hire and direct hire placement IT staffing solutions for Energy, Entertainment/Gaming/New Media, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Professional Services, and Security.