To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jersey City, NJ
- Seraphine Park
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Operations (ASC)
NJ Retina • Jersey City, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director of Operations (ASC) reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations and will oversee all aspects of ambulatory surgery center(s), located in Jersey City, NJ. The incumbent provides strategic leadership to the full spectrum of site operations and patient care. This position requires an individual with strong clinical knowledge and the ability to provide professional and administrative direction for nursing personnel.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and understands the current business needs of the surgery center; works in partnership with the Operations Department to improve current applications/processes
- Communicates with senior leadership and leads in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Provides oversight of daily surgery center operations, as far as workflow, staff scheduling, and process improvements
- Adheres to annual and quarterly budgets; analyzes and reports budget-to-actual variances
- Leads by example in the delivery of consistent quality patient care; drives the continued education of nursing best practices
- Interfaces directly with patients in the management of postoperative patient care and education; tracks and responds to feedback on patient experience
- Serves as relationship manager with third-party vendors; negotiates and manages vendor contracts
- Manages a highly regulated environment; interacts with the Department of Health and other authorized accreditation agencies
- Prepares for and participates in regulatory site inspections and follow-up; maintains operational standards keeping with inspection requirements
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Encourages a healthy and collaborative work environment
- Coaches, trains and develops a team of nurses, scribes and front-desk staff, provides continued mentorship to direct reports
- Keeps abreast of relevant professional and technical knowledge
- Maintains compliance with federal and NJ-state licensing/regulations
Education: BSN degree from an accredited School of Nursing and current licensure by the NJ Board of Nursing required. Masters degree preferred.
Experience: 10+ years progressive experience in a director/managerial nursing role. Nurse management experience at an ambulatory surgery center preferred.
- Experience in directing and planning a nurse services practice within a fast-paced environment
- Facility in supporting compliance and safety standards, as well as, implementing nursing best practices
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships at all levels within the organization as well as externally with vendors, current partners and potential partners
- Excellence in creating innovative approaches to solving challenging problems
- Effectiveness in oral and written communication; ability to deliver clear directives and set expectations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of team members
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to budgets and achieve financial objectives
- Current ACLS and/or BLS certification preferred
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.