Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dedicated PURCHASING AGENT who seeks to bring their A game to a collaborative team of talented professionals. You are not afraid to make impact where your diligence matters in a company that has a masterful, mature history that operates as best-in-class. Yes, we’re dynamic and we know it. Come join a company built on grit and excellence.
As a Purchasing Agent you’ll be responsible for purchase policies, processes, and procedures as it relates to ordering product for assigned branch locations, vendors, or product types. You have buying knowledge as well as experience in product, planning, and methods to coordinate product ordering such as quantity, selling trends, availability, seasonality, budgets, schedules, and direction from management. If this sounds like you, we need to speak with you! We are a rapidly expanding company! Don’t get left behind.
Let’s Unpack This – Who are we?
We are Munch's Supply, the leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies servicing the Chicago, Northwest Indiana and Michigan markets at 12 branch locations. But that’s not all - Through acquisition, we also operate in 6 more Midwestern states through the O’Connor Company. And, if that’s not enough, we most recently added the Tommark brand in Michigan last year with 5 more branches. We’re on a roll, and there’s no stopping us now!
Started in 1956, the business has grown into a premier American Standard and Trane distributorship in the Midwest earning the Trane Pacesetter Award in 2012 and 2014 and the American Standard Pinnacle Award in 2013. We proudly represent products from more than 100 leading industry manufacturers with 8000 SKUs in our full assortment. In 2015, HARDI, Supply House Times and The Wholesaler ranked Munch's in the top 30 HVAC distributors nationwide. Our commitment to service also extends to our communities. In addition to an annual food drive at our branches each fall, we are also a proud supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, in 2015, Munch's raised more than $10,300--marking our second year in a row as the top Trane team.
What’s in it for You!
A nice competitive wage for sure! On your first day, you’ll be eligible for a host of health benefits that include medical, vision, dental and life with AD&D insurance. We also offer short and long-term disability as well as voluntary life & AD&D coverage for yourself, spouse and children. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) is on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. And, if that’s not enough, you’ll accrue for paid time off and vacation at a rate equal to 2 weeks in your first year. You’ll have paid holidays, some holiday eve free time, a great employee discount, employee assistance program, casual dress code, company paid dress swag, summer work hours, and much more!
Easy & Convenient Location!
We’re just off the I-80 at Rte 30 at 1901 Ferro Drive in New Lenox, IL.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Your role as a Purchasing Agent – You’ll be responsible for demonstrating knowledge, understanding, and proper utilization of purchasing functions, such as min/max, buy lines, price lines, various cost basis, lead time, and safety stock. You’ll develop basic calculation understanding related to demand, forecasting, and EOQ parameters. You will make decision making related to assigned vendors, products, or types on order quantities based on sales history, seasonality, terms, discounts, programs, etc. You will adequately assess and adjust product parameters on a continual basis to meet inventory objectives and goals. You’ll review inventory reports related to stock items, procurements, or special-order items. We are all about positive relationships! You will maintain a productive and positive business relationship with assigned vendors.
· Technical – You’ll use our Eclipse system to add new products as needed. Eclipse will also be used for data entry, messaging, job queues, batching, and all areas relating to purchase functions and terminology
High School diploma or its GED equivalent and some college preferred.
· 2+ years’ experience with purchasing/replenishment systems and inventory planning or similar training.
· High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
· Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
· Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
Entry level with great technical skills encouraged to apply.
Apply here today!
Material Requirements Planning