To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Service Desk Manager (Help Desk Manager)
GRSi • Bethesda, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Service Desk Manager (Help Desk Manager)
Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, a Top 5 Technical company in Maryland is looking for a talented Service Desk Manager to join our growing Health IT program. This opportunity will be responsible for managing critical infrastructure and desktop support solutions to world renowned healthcare and research organizations in the Washington DC Metro area. This position is located in Bethesda, MD.
● Provide daily supervision and direction to Service Desk technicians across multiple locations who are responsible to provide support to customers via phone, in person, and through remote support channels. These technicians provide support to a mixed environment utilizing Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems supporting critical scientific and business application.
● Formulate and enforce performance work standards; assigning work schedules; reviewing work discrepancies; supervising contractor personnel; and communicating polices, purposes, and objectives of the to the assigned staff.
● Work with the Program Manager to complete the duties related project management, transition plan and management of the tasks as part of the contract
● Manage a team of support personnel who troubleshoot IT desktop issues.
● Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
● Ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time.
● Document steps performed for problems tasks that may recur and sharing these steps with co-workers;
● Supervise and relocate IT equipment, including desktop computers, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other peripherals;
● Write ad-hoc technical instructions for non-technical users when remotely connecting, phone support, or face to face visits are not possible
● Evaluate new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user.
● Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Computer Science or other related discipline.
● Minimum of 5 years of experience; at least two years must be specialized.
● Specialized experience includes; Staff management, Recruitment, and Retention, Service Desk/ Service Desk management.
● Certified by the Service Desk Institute as a Service Desk Manager, Desktop Support Manager or Support Center Manager
● ITIL v3 certification.
● Utilized enterprise level remote assistance tool, such as Bomgar.
● Have public trust clearance, or able to obtain.
One or more certification required:
● ITIL Practitioner, ITIL Service Manager, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician, Apple Certified Support Professional, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician, HDI Desktop Support Manager, HDI Service Manager, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7 and/or 8, Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE)
● PMP preferred
How to Apply:
To Apply - Submit Your Resume to:
GRSi Recruiting at email@example.com
For more information, call: 240-236-0800 option 3 (Recruiting)
Innovation, Collaboration and Agility - at GRSi these aren't buzz words, they're our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services -- from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
*2018 – Top 5 Gov’t Contractor, MD Tech Council*
*2018 – Inc Magazine Fastest Growing Companies, 4th year*
*2017 – Top 5 CEO, MD Tech Council*
*2017 – SmartCEO Best Run Company*
*ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 20000 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*
Please see job description