ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
URL blocked - click to apply
Maintenance Electrician – Grayling, MI
Arauco offers a competitive wage of up to $32 per hour for licensed Industrial Electricians. Relocation benefits and lump sum signing incentives are available.
Responsible for safely responding to all maintenance issues (ie: breakdowns, troubleshooting), maintenance follow-up from previous shift, shift rounds, completing operating work orders and supporting operations during upset conditions with a view to achieving a high degree of mill reliability.
- Responsible to respond to mill breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner and working closely with area operators to resolve maintenance related issues
- Investigate the root cause of equipment failure (ask why 5 times) and make recommendations for long term fix
- Helps to develop PMs
- Lead the troubleshooting and proper documentation (maintenance logbook) of all maintenance-related items
- Lead the RIP process for downtime and send RIP communication prior to the end of the shift
- Communication of maintenance-related issues at the maintenance meetings
- Follow-up on outstanding maintenance shift issues from previous shift
- Enter appropriate work requests for required follow-up work.
- Complete assigned work orders or other PM/PD activities based on established priority and return completed paperwork
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of troubleshooting resources (prints, manuals, job plans, tools, spare parts, etc.)
- Responsible for being aware of maintenance issues throughout the mill or assigned area (logbooks, interaction with operators)
- Works closely with Planners
- Will possibly lead a project from start to finish (consulting with manufactures/distributors, getting quotes, making purchase requests, developing job plans/timelines, install, commission, update prints, develop pm’s, training manuals, etc.)
- Supports the crew in operate/maintain activities to keep the mill operating during an emergency or short staffing conditions
- Supports and promoted the ARAUCO Asset Reliability Process (ARP)
- Holds a Certified Industrial Electrician trade ticket for the State of Michigan or a 2-year degree in electrical studies combined with related experience
- 3+ years of industrial electrician experience
- Process Control experience in an industrial environment is an asset
- Three years AC & DC motor control experience (including drives) required
- Familiarity of the basic functions of a CMMS system preferred
- Ability to use a variety of electrical troubleshooting equipment and techniques (i.e. meg a motor)
- Experience installing capital equipment and working with major equipment shutdowns is an asset
- Strong, demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Have a focus on continuous improvement and an understanding of what drives improved uptime metrics
- Ability to look for improvement opportunities, optimize to increase efficiencies and overall equipment uptime
- Self-motivated and strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to understand, develop and implement work order PM’s
- Ability to work extended hours and rotating shift as required
- Ability to work at heights in a manufacturing environment required
- Maintains lockout certifications as assigned
- Responsible for taking your safety and the safety of your co-workers as the primary consideration when performing work
- Responsible for completing safety work orders in a timely fashion based on a clear understanding of priority
- Lead the process of shutting down a piece of equipment or area that you believe poses a potential safety concern to those working in the area or may result in serious equipment damage