Enjoy the diversity of a small company. If you are proactive, take charge , energetic, professional with the desire to expand your areas of expertise, this is an opportunity to consider. We are looking for a qualified Press Operator to join our team.
Interpress Technologies, Inc. is a printer of packaging materials with plants in Woodland, Sacramento, Wisconsin and Texas. Interpress Technologies offers its employees a team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) retirement plan, profit sharing and various voluntary products.
The Press Operator will be responsible for the set up and operation of a press, including, the use of UV water base inks. A Press Operator will also be responsible for managing all aspects of the press, including performance, productivity, quality and maintenance.
The responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Ensuring that product is printed according to specifications.
- Pulls job tickets and verify stock, ink and dies are available and used as specified.
- Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
- Pulls spec, verify ink colors, die out line, stock and special instructions.
- Set up machine; installs inks, correct stock, die and plates.
- Set impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-die.
- Complete all start up checks, verify scan ability of bar code and get start approval.
- Complete in-process inspections; follow work instructions and control plan.
- Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
- Close out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
- Performs general maintenance to press.
- Follows 5s guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications for education and experience can be met in the following way:
- Must have basic personal computer skills
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to set up, operate and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Must have basic leadership skills required to give Press Assistance simple directions.
- Must have basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.