Job Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Issaquah, WA
Duration: 6 Months
Seeking a highly-motivated Computer Technician/Entry Level IT person.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of computer hardware and desktop operating systems including Linux and Windows as well as a basic understanding of Bash scripting under Linux and the ability to configure and troubleshoot network issues between two computers.
- Security: Supporting and securing access to data by properly using authentication, access control and encryption for an organization. Help desk and technical support professionals form one of the first lines of defense for any organization.
- Networking: Applying core concepts and protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, and subnet mask to set up and support wired and wireless networks.
- Operating Systems: Working with mobile, server and traditional operating systems from Android and iOS to Windows and Linux.
- IT Operations: Utilizing the basics of virtualization, cloud computing, desktop imaging and deployment to support today’s IT infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting: Following and using decision trees for diagnosing, resolving and documenting common hardware and software issues across a variety of devices.
- Technical Support: Applying principles of customer service to help resolve IT issues.
- This is pretty much exactly what we are looking for. This description does not include or mention anything about ability to work with scripts however both the Operating Systems and IT Operations bullets should include at least a basic knowledge.
- Certification in CompTIA will be advantage
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Repairing (Computer Systems)